DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: C&C Ruleset

I probably should have given some information about this in the read me file since it is not a perfect solution.

if you drag attack onto a target it will roll it against AC, so currently if you want to use the targeting (hit or miss) you would need to temporarily change the targets AC manually to 12 or 18 (which is a bit difficult unless the player tells you in advance that he will be trying this type of attack)

I couldn't think of how to get it to work in a better way, it must be possible but would require a lot of code and maybe some extra fields in the combat tracker to define prime attributes - I decided it was beyond my skill at the present time, so I left it as is.

However if you just get the players to double click attack (or drag to the chat window instead of an opponent), no targeting is used and you can revert to manual calculation as you did in the previous version.

I must admit I didn't spend too long thinking about other options, but I have played about with it for the last hour or so and I have created a few extra functions.

find attached some altered files. Note: make sure you are not using the CT patch as it will override some of these files.

basically I have changed things much as you have described, so that Grapple and overbear attacks can be dropped on opponents, but no hit miss is now reported. This at least gives you the info about who the PC was attacking.

I have not removed it from touch attacks, but probably I should do that in future as well (this is noted in the readme as a deficiency)

remember I have just jigged this thing up today, so no bug testing has gone on - if I have broken anything else in the process let me know.

I may put all these changes together with the CT patch together in one extension for others to use, since it seems like an improvement over what I had before...this whole thing is a work in progress.

Although I should watch that I don't get into trouble with Doug for posting the whole ruleset up here for you...

sorry I forgot you have already edited one of these files

find attached an updated version

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer

find attached some altered files. Note: make sure you are not using the CT patch as it will override some of these files.
    To be clear, is this the CT extension that you posted earlier? I'm not sure I've seen you refer to a CT patch before.

Once I have this clarified, I'll let you know how it goes.
    I enjoy running Castles & Crusades. Current campaign(s) on hiatus.
    Willing to run one-shots for players who want to learn the ruleset. Feel free to contact me.

yes it is the extension at the very start of this post.

I suppose patch is technically wrong as it doesn't fix bugs it adds extra functionality, lets just call it a slip of the keyboard.

The removed attack-damage zip and the last one that you posted are ext too?? do i just need to change the file zip to ext or i have to do something more to use them...?
    Thanks
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

This will be fine.

It doesn't say who the PC is attempting to grapple, but I think that's better than having it say HIT/MISS erroneously.

I'm having difficulty opening a second instance via localhost to test it on the PC side. If it's the same, that will be fine.

Thanks again.
    I enjoy running Castles & Crusades. Current campaign(s) on hiatus.
    Willing to run one-shots for players who want to learn the ruleset. Feel free to contact me.

@ blue Haven

no these are not extensions, and should not be used in conjunction with the extension at the beginning of this post as it will override these files.

these are zips, the files in them need to manually added to scripts or root folders (depending on whether they are lua or xml files).

if you have read all the posts you will see that I have been responding to some requests from Sakusammakko. Whilst I like the things he has asked for they are a matter of style and personal preference rather than bug fixes so you do not need to use them if you don't want to (although the grapple and overbear vs AC could be seen as a bug since that is not how it is written in the players handbook) . If you do use them remember and back up the original files in case you want to return them to there original state.

I will try to tie everything here up into a single extension when I get some time.

@ Sakusammakko
    I'm glad it seems to work. I will have to go back over what I have done, because I was sure that first time through I still had the target name displayed for grapple and overbear attacks. I can see that now that is not the case. Not sure how I managed that. I will check it out

although not in time for your game tonight...

OK so it didn't take me that long to track down my error/omission.

this last file will restore the targets name for grapple/overbear attacks

sorry I had to zip it since it seems lua files are not valid as attachments here

For anyone else reading this, who would like to use these changes. I will put all these files in an extension as soon as I can.

Thanks friend
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

Thread Information