STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Kudos to Moon Wizard

I just wanted to give a shout-out to Moon Wizard (and anyone else involved) who worked on the chatlog colon/color issue I posted about last month. When the 2.7.3 patch came down I was thrilled to see those 2 issues addressed and I have been meaning to express my gratitude every since, but have been busy. Nevertheless THANKS SO MUCH!

UPDATE: (I actually tested the 2.7.3 patch and found there is still some strangeness to the coloration).

When I view the chatlogs now (after the 2.7.3 patch) I am seeing some very different colors from what FG displays. Now everything is varying sheds of reds & pinks; hard on the eyes.

I looked at my chatlog with the XML (or are they HTML?) codes and noticed that they now all have begin with "ff". Example:

(Code before 2.7.2 - circa Sept 5) = <font color="#660066">Campaign saved.</font><br />

(Code after 2.7.3 - tonight) = <font color="#ff660066">Campaign saved.</font><br />

I started experimenting with the chatlog file and I noticed that by removing the "ff" prefix, the colors returned to what they used to be. So was this "ff" supposed to get in there with the 2.7.3 patch or was that some glitch? Any chance of going back to original color coding, before 2.7.2?

THANKS, again! Sorry to be a nag about this, but my players and I rely on the chatlogs a lot to keep our game consistent and the harder it is to edit & read, the less useful it is to us.
    Last edited by NW_Salmon_Watcher; January 1st, 2011 at 02:07.

Thanks for the detailed info on the issue. Looks like only part of my changes made it into the 2.7.3 release. I'll look into putting out another patch.

Thanks,
    JPG

Thread Information