DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    I can't seem to reproduce the crashes...it just crashes out randomly. Sometimes it happens before anyone is connected, and other times after a few hours of play.

And I still can't figure out the sporadic functionality: token and map/picture re-sizing, for example. I used to be able to do this all the time. Now I can't re-size my tokens at all, and sometimes I can re-size the map during gameplay and other times I can't...also, the spell fumbles, while the table shows up, doesn't populate the entries (with text)...meaning that I have to go find my old Spell Law book and figure it out manually. It's extremely frustrating... What's causing this?

I didn't change the color code, but I noticed that the order of the color codes varies in different languages. I bet the graphical color codes used by DirectX have a different format than HTML, which is why you are seeing different colors.

Thanks for the update. That was helpful.

Cheers,
    JPG

Thank you, Sorcerer

I will give that a shot, although I must admit to being hazy about what you mean by "first box" and "second box". Maybe it's because of the early hour and being only on my second cup of coffee??? But I'll play with this before my next game session and see if I can make that work!

Again, with appreciation!

Sooooo...any help with the sporadic functionality?

(1) token and map/picture re-sizing: token re-sizing doesn't work for me at all anymore (using the mousewheel on or near the token in the combat tracker).
    (2) while I can re-size the map during game prep, I can't resize anything during gameplay.
    (3) the spell fumble table shows up but the entries don't populate with text.

Programmers?

PS: can you guys please enable drag-and-drop effects from the LA and SL tables to the combat tracker in the next update?
    Last edited by NEPHiLiX; December 3rd, 2010 at 02:20.

Are all the Developers on holidays or what? Can I get some help here?!

Listen, I and my players, like so many others I'm sure, have spent combined over $200 on this program and in spite of the fact that we love it (when it works!), we're running into some serious issues that make our use of this program more trouble than it's seeming to be worth.

So if this is the only available venue for asking for help on issues that we're having, then how about some devoted help? My players and I play every week and these issues are increasingly grinding us to a standstill.

Where is the support for this program?!

You would probably get a better response if you e-mailed tech support: [email protected]

Thanks, I'll do that!

Blog Entries
    NEPHiLiX,

Moon_Wizard recently identified a reduction in memory usage across all rulesets and it is currently in developer testing. This will probably help Rolemaster quite a bit since it seems to be one of the more hefty rulesets when it comes to memory usage.

For #3, I think this has to do with the default window size not allowing enough space for the text to render graphically. I can reproduce this locally and fix it by CTRL-dragging the window larger.

On your other issues #1 and #2, we are unable to reproduce reproduce these. Can you provide more information on the tokens you are using? I tested locally with a Disposable Heroes Fantasy set token attached to an NPC from the Creatures and Treasures module and was able to drag it from the Combat Tracker to the map and then re-size without issue. The map I used was from the Riverside Inn module with a 50 pixel grid set.

On another note, do you have more than one network address active at once on your host? When I host from my laptop, I usually connect directly via Ethernet instead of using my wireless connection. In this case, it is best to turn off the wireless entirely prior to hosting your game from FG2.

I *am* using an updated version of the ruleset that Lee Rice provided, but the updates were mostly surrounding drag and drop of weapons, spells, etc.

-Doug

Quote Originally Posted by NEPHiLiX
    Sooooo...any help with the sporadic functionality?

(1) token and map/picture re-sizing: token re-sizing doesn't work for me at all anymore (using the mousewheel on or near the token in the combat tracker).
    (2) while I can re-size the map during game prep, I can't resize anything during gameplay.
    (3) the spell fumble table shows up but the entries don't populate with text.

Programmers?

PS: can you guys please enable drag-and-drop effects from the LA and SL tables to the combat tracker in the next update?

Thanks for the tip on the phantom spell failure text! Works beautifully now! I also received a Rolemaster Classic patch from support and it worked like a charm for the token and map re-sizing!

I'll try hard-linking to my internet next week. I'm not sure if I have another network address active, I host FG using Hamachi.

Thread Information