STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last
    Blog Entries
    To add a little more information. The vast majority of the game will be Harn based with RoleMaster being used as the combat system (since I need a combat tracker and character sheet ).

Basically the PC's will be characters built in HarnMaster and converted to RoleMaster so the majority of RoleMaster rulebooks would not be applicable. Skills and some others things will be converted to match RoleMaster stats or manually set up in the character sheets to make them fit more with HarnMaster. If you do not have any Harn material, in particular HarnMaster, no worries, you do not need to know anything about Harn to join in.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Quote Originally Posted by GunnarGreybeard
    To add a little more information. The vast majority of the game will be Harn based with RoleMaster being used as the combat system (since I need a combat tracker and character sheet ).
    Sounds like a lot of work, but I like Harn, Harnmaster and Rolemaster - a rare breed. (And I'm no rules lawyer either - RM tends to have a few those) I currently have a conflict on Wednesday nights, but if Tuesday is good, I'm in!

Blog Entries
    I'm interested.. although I know nothing about Harn or HarnMaster. I do have a bit of experience with RoleMaster.. from way back when.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot
    I'm interested.. although I know nothing about Harn or HarnMaster. I do have a bit of experience with RoleMaster.. from way back when.
    The published material on Harn tends to depict a low magic world where medieval quasi-realism is more prevalent than the epic high fantasy of D&D. There is plenty of esoteric stuff in Harn, but it usually feel more subtle and "believable" - think of the feeling around good ghosts stories.

Harnmaster is a D100 skill-based system that reinforces the "realism" of the Harn setting. In the combat system, for example, it would be more like to collapse from exhaustion, or to die from blood loss or infections, than from a direct wound. As magic is very rare and technology is low, healing is a problem in Harnmaster. Players had to learn the joys of cauterization (burning wounds) to lower risks of infections...

My favorite part about Harn is the detailed, multiple dimension web of intrigue between all the organizations: the multiple nobility layers, the religions, the merchant guilds, the crime lords, etc. As GM in Harn, I had a lot of fun making the players pawns in these various relationships, and seeing their face as they figured out who they were really involved with...

The setting is so rich in details and opportunities that it's really up to where the GM wants to take it though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lachancery
    Sounds like a lot of work, but I like Harn, Harnmaster and Rolemaster - a rare breed. (And I'm no rules lawyer either - RM tends to have a few those) I currently have a conflict on Wednesday nights, but if Tuesday is good, I'm in!
    Yeah, I anticipate that entering and testing the skills will be labor intensive at least initially so I will do this with pre-gens at least for the demo/one shots.

Interestingly, having done some comparisons for how I plan to convert things, I am finding that the base, starting HarnMaster (version 3) characters match up to 3rd level RoleMaster characters really well.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnarGreybeard
    Yeah, I anticipate that entering and testing the skills will be labor intensive at least initially so I will do this with pre-gens at least for the demo/one shots.

Interestingly, having done some comparisons for how I plan to convert things, I am finding that the base, starting HarnMaster (version 3) characters match up to 3rd level RoleMaster characters really well.
    Any idea when you might be thinking of kicking this off?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot
    Any idea when you might be thinking of kicking this off?
    I'm thinking not for another week or so at least. Still tweaking the conversion.

Sounds very interesting. I'd love to at least see if it fits with my schedule. I like Harn to read. I would be a pleasure to play it.

I like Role Master too so there is not down side except maybe the work involved.

Sigurd
    J.R.R. Tolkien wrote, "I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd
    Sounds very interesting. I'd love to at least see if it fits with my schedule. I like Harn to read. I would be a pleasure to play it.

I like Role Master too so there is not down side except maybe the work involved.
    The main reason behind using RoleMaster is the need for a character sheet and combat tracker. Anything that can be "converted" so to speak, will be done the best I can do to make it feel more like HarnMaster than RoleMaster. For example, Skills will be a direct port over, with the OML/EML using the target # of 100 for success (instead of rolling under the OML/EML you normally would in HarnMaster). Also since RoleMaster uses HP, I will be finding a way to figure HarnMaster character HP to port over.

Hello All, I'm interested, tuesdays are good for me. Ive got background with both Harn and RM.

Thread Information