FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

A RoleMaster in Harn Game

OK, I'm going to put this out here as test feeler to determine interest. I am currently running a RoleMaster campaign although it has been like 20+ years since I played the system and am attempting to relearn it as I go. The campaign takes place in Harn (in other words there is little to no magic) using the RoleMaster ruleset for the combat and magic system.

Anyway, during the last few weeks I have concluded that my current group is on the verge of a meltdown. They are constantly threatening to draw swords on each other, abandoning others in the middle of combat, etc, so I don't believe it'll survive such longer at this this rate.

That being the case, I am considering starting up a new group, following a similar storyline but changing some things to keep if unique. It will be several weeks before it would be ready due to the story "rewrite" and due to work schedules I am limited to certain days of availability (Tuesday/Wednesday nights or any other day, if in the early morning).

If this might be something you are interested in please feel free to post.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Blog Entries
    Oh, and I have an Ultimate License so no need for one on your end.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Sound like this might be interesting. Haven't played RM in years. Tues or Wed night would be fine. Keep me in mind if you start something up.
    Tenkar's Tavern
    A Blog About RPGs n' Stuff
    https://tenkarstavern.com/

Blog Entries
    I'm hoping to round up some new blood to RoleMaster. In its PnP incarnation its known to be a pretty complex system, mainly due to the usage of a large amount of charts during combat. I have found that beyond character creation, the FGII Ruleset makes its so much easier since almost everything is automated.

I'll post more over the upcoming weeks as I flesh things out. Probably add a Game Calender entry as well.

For those wanting more information, you can find it here; Knights of Belsirasin (A RoleMaster VTT/RPG Game).
    Last edited by GunnarGreybeard; October 10th, 2010 at 17:43.

Blog Entries
    A little more information here. We will be using FG's built in text chat only and both FG and RoleMaster newbies are particularly welcome. This game is meant to be more about role-playing than hack and slash, and getting some friendly gaming done in a relaxing environment.

Sounds interesting. What time frame on Tuesday or Wednesday?

Sigurd
    J.R.R. Tolkien wrote, "I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about."

Blog Entries
    We will be sticking to the base character classes for the campaign (but no pure spell users) and everyone will start at 3rd level (combat is deadly enough as it is). While we will use rolemaster for the characters development I may also throw in some of the Harn background stuff.

I have not settled on a date yet but I have added a Calender entry for those interested so I can get an idea of the interest.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd
    Sounds interesting. What time frame on Tuesday or Wednesday?
    Probably 7:30-11:00PM CST, although I can start as early as 6:00 if necessary.

et ego

I would also be interested, I have not played in a few years since Joel Blair's campaigns in the 90's but If you need/ want another I would be game.

Thread Information