5E Character Create Playlist

Thread: Kingdom of Dust

Kingdom of Dust

I am currently working on a module (campaign) for a fantasy land I created for 3.5. It's a work in progress and has a long way to go, but I hope to have it done soon. I just wanted to post a SS of what I had done so far.

P.S It's inspired by a band called Rhapsody of Fire, who wrote the song "Dargor, Shadowlord of Black Mountain".

Last edited by elydustin; September 16th, 2010 at 06:43.

Here's some of the text I have in the history in case someone wanted more to read.

Long ago in the lands of Adarium, the kingdom of Helm once help a glorious position of power. After Man had first driven the Black Dragon Hoard from the lands, the Kingdom of Helm was stablished in the year 840 of the third era.
    After centuries of peace and prosperity Prince Akron was born to the throne. Just 17 years after his birth the Black Dragon Hoard haunted the western cliffs once more, Akron's father, King Tysus, drove the hoard from the lands again but not without paying the terrible price of his life to the Dragon Princess, Windsteel.

King Tysus ruled Helm with a love so fierce he inspired Akron to do the same, and upon taking his throne the people of Helm knew great things would happen. However, secretly the Wizard Vankar, who had taken power in the Circle of Mages, had formed the Cult of Evil with the assistance of the evil Tome of Shadows. This ancient relic was used by the liches of ancient times to control the Black Dragon Hoard.

King Akron takes a wife named "Willow". She is a beautiful woman, plagued with a cloudy past. Unbeknownst to Akron, his Queen is actually the Dragon Princess Windsteel in human form; bound to Vankar's control with the Tome and the Amulet of Unwishful Prayers.

Only two years later "Willow" bears Akron a son, Prince Dargor. Shortly after his birth bands of undead are seen traveling the cliffs and appearing around farms across kingdom. Some citizens claim these are omens of the Prince's future.

Akron discovers the Tome of Shadows among Vankar's posessions and accuses him of treason. He and Willow are sentanced to execution, however they escape with the assistance of the Cult of Evil. King Akron leads a march against the Circle of Magic, the new home of the cult. A great battle ensues, hundreds die. Vankar, in his desperation, unleases the power of Windsteel on the lands; burning everything and destorying Akron's army. Akron is taken captive by the Wizard, and the purge of Helm begins. In one year the entire kingdom is fallen...

Several years after loss of contact with Helm, the Council of Adarium sends aid and discovers the destroyed lands and the Cult of Evil. After 6 years the Kingdom of Helm is reclaimed as the Kingdom of Dust. The evils of Black Mountain are ignored for 30 years, until bands of undead begin to plague the main lands of Adarium. Rumors of the Cult of Evil spread like wildfire across the frontier lands and the Council declares the cult a major threat to the people of Adarium.

Thread Information