5E Character Create Playlist

Thread: Map help Please

Map help Please

hello all,
    i just got FG2 and i am loving it now that i am slowly getting the hang of the program but i am still having the hardest time getting a map into they game. i used a scanned in Dungeon tile piece but it made it far to large and by the time i had scaled it down to where the grids were right it was so distorted that it was useless. please help me figure out a semi-easy way to get maps working in here. thanks in advance for all of your help
    Trevor

Have u seen thise https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...rescale-1a.wmv ?

As for me, I just use overlayed grid, provided by FG and rescale tokens size.

Blog Entries
    How did you scale it down? Were you just using the FG zoom feature, or did you scale it beforehand with Photoshop or similar?

~P

For a scan you should generally use some art program to reduce your grid size or scale to about 1/2 to 2/3rds of the size of your medium token size in pixels. You can also reduce the file size of images by reducing the amount of colors to 256 from millions. You don't need millions of colors on screens that can't usually display them.

Thus if your medium size tokens are 50x50 pixels then your grid size on the maps should be 50 pixels or less. IE I use 32x32 pixel tokens for medium monsters so I usually will have most of my maps scaled so the squares are like 20 or 24 pixels per square.

If you don't have an art program there are many free ones available: The GIMP and Paint.NET just to name a couple.
    Last edited by Griogre; September 9th, 2010 at 06:20.

Thread Information