FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: 3.5e vs D20_JPG

Hmmm. I think you're correct. This doesn't, however, "Fix" it yet. Still in the same situation I was before. Maybe I should start over completely and insert a single spell to start.

Blog Entries
    Does the name record in definition.xml exactly match what's in your client.xml, i.e. d20 Pathfinder Spells?

And what does your spellslistpathfinder section look like?

~P
    Last edited by Phystus; September 9th, 2010 at 01:53.

Definition file
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    <root>
    <name>d20 Pathfinder Spells</name>
    <author>Fantasy Grounds d20 Essentials</author>
    <ruleset>d20</ruleset>
    </root>

Beginning of Client File (Spacing is a little wonky due to space here)

<d20pathfinderspells static="true">
    <name type="string">d20 Pathfinder Spells</name>
    <categoryname type="string">d20Essentials</categoryname>
    <entries>
    <bard>
    <librarylink type="windowreference">
    <class>reference_classspelllist</class>
    <recordname>spelllistspathfinder.bard@d20
    Pathfinder Spells</recordname>
    </librarylink>
    <name type="string">Bard spells</name>

So, I restarted a new file. Did only a single spell and it worked fine. Then I did a small chunk of 5 following that one and it broke. So it seems my error may be in there, but I can't find it thus far. Still looking.

Blog Entries
    Do any of the spell names or descriptions contain special characters like <, >, &, ", or /? I've heard of that causing problems.

And you have an entry in each under <spelllistspathfinder> as well as in the descriptions, correct? You need an entry there as well as in spelldesc.

~P

I think I did the bulk of it correctly, but somewhere made an error that made the whole thing not work. I am now nearly 20 spells in and its working fine for the new new list. I appreciate all the support. I will report back if I find the error with the other list.

Ok, so I think I found the issue. The problem seems to be with the first spell that has a table section in it. I would "like" this spell description to look something like the entry for Summon Undead with a table. Anyways, I evidently broke this section fairly badly. All fixed now.

I haven't played with the XML for Fantasy Grounds - does it handle the CDATA element?

If it does, you can take any part of the content you are trying to create and where you would normally type in your content

<description type="formattedtext"><p>blah blah blah</p></description>

You would instead type in this (spacing just to help you see it better):
    <description type="formattedtext">
    <[!CDATA[
    <p>blah blah blah</p>
    ]]>
    </description>

What the CDATA element does is tell the XML parser to stop parsing anything in the square brackets until the CDATA element is closed. So if you throw in your HTML tables it should work fine even if you missed closing elements etc.

All that said, it's dependant entirely on how Fantasy Grounds handles the XML, so an expert answer in this area would be helpful.

Either that or you could just try it and see if it breaks.

Thread Information