STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 8 First ... 45678 Last
    zack, I'm having a break from FG at the moment. Trying to get anything out of Reality Blurs was a pain, so no I'm not progressing it further. The next version of SW (3.2) has an extensive CT rewrite, so it might not work with that version, sorry.

Previously: MurghBpurn

I wrote to Reality Blurs a couple of times to ask them about an official extension, once when I was unaware of Murgh's extension and once when I was (and was thinking about prodding him to make it "official" - you know, which nice graphics and with a chance for the new Reality Blurs adventures to get published in FGII format). Alas, both times my mails got lost in the divide between gamer and gaming company, and I never got a reply.

v3.2 will, of course, break Realms of Cthulhu (don't hate the player, hate the quite rigid extension model and base ruleset code that is quite closed to simple extension). However last time I worked with Murgh to fix up the code (as posted above) and hopefully we can do the same for v3.2, if there are still interested players.

And if anyone can get the nod from Reality Blurs, I'm sure we could look at an "official" version of the mod. Sure, it'll cost cash, but with great purchasing (e.g. a few bucks) comes great support (e.g. someone will have to keep it up to date).

Glad someone bought up the Realms extension, as I was thinking about it with regard to v3.2. And as a counterpoint to RKs thoughts, I was happy it was added to the old thread, as it kept the discussion in one place and meant I got alerted to this update. So I like thread "necro-ing" when kept on-topic, but that's just my humble opinion.
    Last edited by phantomwhale; August 6th, 2011 at 17:17. Reason: If he's quit FGII over this (!) then no point trying to explain
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Quote Originally Posted by phantomwhale
    Reason: If he's quit FGII over this (!) then no point trying to explain
    I think it is worth explaining, for new guys like myself. It is encouraging to see that the forum members don't encourage trolling, as they want to actually discuss FG2. So AFAIC, thanks for explaining.

Okay, back to your point re Reality Blurs/ROC for FG2, I will contact them also. It adds another voice to the campaign, and I will try and get some of the FG2 group I am a member of, to add their voices to this also.

Cheers
    Paul

I've had requests for the extension so I've zipped it up and posted it here. I cant remember what is in it, so if it's violating any IPs admins please remove it. It's old so may need tweaking to work.

Necro thread !

Good share - it's fairly true to say this needs some work for SW 3.3 (it was written for 3.1) and would need a little more rework after the upcoming 3.4 release as well (as this adds in lots of front-end chrome / scrollbars etc..)

I have it on my "would like to..." list, but it's a long list
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

phantomwhale, feel free to turn undead!!

Not quite as deepest, darkest Wales as before.
    Quote Originally Posted by phantomwhale
    Necro thread !

Good share - it's fairly true to say this needs some work for SW 3.3 (it was written for 3.1) and would need a little more rework after the upcoming 3.4 release as well (as this adds in lots of front-end chrome / scrollbars etc..)

I have it on my "would like to..." list, but it's a long list
    Go on, you know you want to
    Time Zone: GMT

Preferred Systems: Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu

Currently Running:
    - Savage Worlds (Deadlands Noir) Campaign

Currently Playing:
    - Savage Worlds (Realms of Cthulhu) Campaign
    - Savage Worlds (Supers) Campaign
    - Savage Worlds (50 Fathoms) Campaign

Planned:
    - Savage Worlds - Space 1889

Quote Originally Posted by scionofnyarlathotep
    Go on, you know you want to
    +1 to that!

Write code. You want to write code...
    Aliens.... Go fig?

I made changes to the RoC extension using some of Ikael's files. I run it with Ikaels extension and works nice.

How do I attach file here?

Thread Information