DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 8 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by RKBrumbelow
    Don't necro old threads.
    /me wonders who made RKB a mod...

As far as I'm aware there are no FG forum rules that forbid this....

I no longer frequent these forums much, however as phantomwhale went to the effort of making the extension workable under v3.1, i've uploaded it.

Previously: MurghBpurn

Quote Originally Posted by MurghBpurn
    /me wonders who made RKB a mod...

As far as I'm aware there are no FG forum rules that forbid this....

I no longer frequent these forums much, however as phantomwhale went to the effort of making the extension workable under v3.1, i've uploaded it.
    Just because their is no rule not to do something does not make it right to do it as you well know.

You also well know attachments of extensions are of better service to the community when you put them on the wiki.

Some forums prefer old threads being posted to, rather than new being created, why in the absence of specific FG forum guidelines should you dictate what is acceptable?

I cannot post to the wiki. On 17 December 2010 I PMed both drahkar and Oberoten that I was happy for this extension to be posted to the wiki, neither acknowledged and the extension never got posted.

Not quite as deepest, darkest Wales as before.
    Quote Originally Posted by MurghBpurn
    Some forums prefer old threads being posted to, rather than new being created, why in the absence of specific FG forum guidelines should you dictate what is acceptable?

I cannot post to the wiki. On 17 December 2010 I PMed both drahkar and Oberoten that I was happy for this extension to be posted to the wiki, neither acknowledged and the extension never got posted.
    Thanks for the heads up and for being what I expect a fellow forum member would be - helpful; rather than being inflexible and unwelcoming as has been demonstrated elsewhere on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by scionofnyarlathotep
    Thanks for the heads up and for being what I expect a fellow forum member would be - helpful; rather than being inflexible and unwelcoming as has been demonstrated elsewhere on this thread.
    Up until now I have found the folks to be very helpful and supportive on this forum. However, there is a certain irony that somebody posts saying stop 'necroing this' and is actually 'necroing' themselves. Maybe they should have PMed me, as per their original suggestion ? Bizarre.

Anyway, that's all trivial, as the whole point of this is to say 'many thanks' to Murgh Bprun for the information, you have brought clarity to the situation, and FWIW this mod is looking good mate. I also notice you are a member of the Furnace forum, will you be at Furnace this year ? I will be there for the 4th year running. If not, do you attend any other UK cons ? It would be good to meet up to discuss your FG2 mods over a beer, matey.

BTW this RoC one looks awesome

cheers
    Paul
    Last edited by zackspacks; August 6th, 2011 at 01:01.

Quote Originally Posted by zackspacks
    Up until now I have found the folks to be very helpful and supportive on this forum. However, there is a certain irony that somebody posts saying stop 'necroing this' and is actually 'necroing' themselves. Maybe they should have PMed me, as per their original suggestion ? Bizarre.

Anyway, that's all trivial, as the whole point of this is to say 'many thanks' to Murgh Bprun for the information, you have brought clarity to the situation, and FWIW this mod is looking good mate. I also notice you are a member of the Furnace forum, will you be at Furnace this year ? I will be there for the 4th year running. If not, do you attend any other UK cons ? It would be good to meet up to discuss your FG2 mods over a beer, matey.

cheers
    Paul
    Have to agree on the extension, it's looking good. I have set up a test campaign to see how it flows and to play with the tracker etc.

Cheers!

cheers
    Paul
    Just read this again and picked up on the fact that you're going to Furnace and have been before. I'm going this year and how about I take you up on that offer of a beer? It would be good to crack heads together. You never know, it may even lead to some FG gaming together?

However, there is a certain irony that somebody posts saying stop 'necroing this' and is actually 'necroing' themselves. Maybe they should have PMed me, as per their original suggestion ? Bizarre.
    Please show me one instance of me necroing in this thread. Oh wait, you cannot. That tells me you either do not understand "necroposting", irony or both.

Unfortunately for some people I actually care enough to point out bad behaviour. unfortunately there also comes a point where I simply give up on trying with some individuals.

All of this discussion could have been avoided if scionofnyarlathotep had simply posted to a new thread. Instead everyone who participated in this year old thread has now been notified of thread activity for a thread that was dormant for 7-8 months. Also, any new readers have to wade through 4-5 pages of effectively unrelated posts.

I would ask who is the more concerned individual. The one who encourages bad behaviour or the one that tries to correct it. The question though becomes meaningless to some though it seems.
    Last edited by RKBrumbelow; August 6th, 2011 at 04:22.

Can someone please pass on my comments to RKB as he probably wont get them, having informed me that he has filtered me out.

I still have yet to see why it is bad behavior, it is not against any forum policy apart from what you perceive, when an admin or moderator warns me then I will observe their instructions.

Here is a thread with an admin participating (and not berating who you would perceive as the villain) in what you believe to be a Necro'd thread:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...?t=9942&page=3

Why are the posts unrelated, scionofnyarlathotep is participating in a discussion on the development of an extension, which is exactly what this thread is about? It has only been dragged off topic since you entered the thread...

zack and scion, to answer your questions, no I probably wont be going to Furnace, I'm from the South and it's a long haul, especially when I don't get to attend too many. I was lucky enough to get a lodge at Conception so will be going there in January.
    Last edited by VenomousFiligree; August 6th, 2011 at 08:55.

@scion - yes, let's meet up to discuss FG2, sounds good to me mate !

@Murgh - shame, but understandable, as for similar reasons I don't attend Conception. Are you attending any of Con-Quest, Continuum, or Games Expo next year ?

Also, back to the topic, do you have any plans to add to this RoC extension, or are you awaiting Reality Blurs feedback

cheers
    Paul

Thread Information