DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last
    Ooh one more..

An option for NPCs and PCs to change their wild die for a specific skill or trait.

Keep finding monsters in Hellfrost that roll a d8 or d10 for a skill or have the Master Edge.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Oh, I like that. Think I know how to do it too

Blog Entries
    I'd like to be able to hide NPC's from the tracker. Just when I've set up an ambush for them, I can hear a "guys, looks like there's 12 of them!"

I know I could add them up later but populating a tracker and map takes some time. Once an encounter has started, you want to get down to it if you know what I mean.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter
    I think it would be useful to have improved windows for Personalities. Somewhere I could track down ammo (just like on the mini sheet of pcs). And oh, I dont know about you guys but everytime I want to add a skill entry to a personality sheet I have to "create item" twice for the line to appear. Later on, when I open it back up, there's an extra line. Same goes with Damage and Notes.
    I second Mask of Winter's requests here.

For the specific quoted section above, I used to run into the problem with skills/etc when creating personalities. These are the two workarounds I have found for it:

(1) Create a new personality, name it, close the window, open it back up. Kind of a pain, but it works.
    (2) Less painful solution - if you drag the skills from the Player Guide on to the personality sheet (instead of manually creating them) the problem never happens (for me).

And Long Live Savage Worlds!
    -----------
    If you can't do something well, have fun doing it badly.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the tips Indarien!

I just tried them out and it works.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

I'd like to be able to change the wild die for specific skills and traits as well. It would make TAG's cyberpunk rules easier to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Indarien
    I second Mask of Winter's requests here.

For the specific quoted section above, I used to run into the problem with skills/etc when creating personalities. These are the two workarounds I have found for it:

(1) Create a new personality, name it, close the window, open it back up. Kind of a pain, but it works.
    (2) Less painful solution - if you drag the skills from the Player Guide on to the personality sheet (instead of manually creating them) the problem never happens (for me).

And Long Live Savage Worlds!
    I was going to post that solution - It was going to be next video as well

I have not found a way around having to close/re-open the NPC to add special abilities at the bottom though.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Combat Tracker:

1) Add the button (like the 4e set has) that open all the "sword"/"shield" entries for each object on the tracker.

2) Make the 'v'/'n'/'u' option easier to change (may be a drop down?)

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk
    I was going to post that solution - It was going to be next video as well

I have not found a way around having to close/re-open the NPC to add special abilities at the bottom though.
    Not sure what you guys are talking about!? I can create a new personality and create or drag and drop skills and special abilities straight away

Previously: MurghBpurn

Quote Originally Posted by MurghBpurn
    Not sure what you guys are talking about!? I can create a new personality and create or drag and drop skills and special abilities straight away
    Had a quick play with this today, all I could note is that if you :

(a) open a new personality
    (b) right click in the skills or special powers area, and select "Add item"

Then nothing happens. However.... the current workaround is to :

(c) right click in the skills or special powers area, and select "Add item" AGAIN

From now on, it seems to work properly. So it's just the first "add item" that's getting lost. If you close the window, it probably saves the record to the DB, which might be why that "fixes" the problem.

Anyway, if someone can confirm that this is the problem you are seeing, then I'm sure it's an easy fix. Might even be an easy quick patch, if I (or someone else) gets time.

Thread Information