STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Version 3.1 Requests

I see in this post that the developer for v3.1 has changed from asilva to PhantomWhale, which is good news imo, as PW has a proven track record that we have seen (not saying asilva wouldn't produce the results, however as far as I'm aware he doesn't even have a logon).

Anyway back on topic.

Many settings have extra derived stats, could one or more blank lines be included in the Derived Stats pane?

Reality Blurs has added a nice touch (imo) to the core rules with Defining Interests, could these be included?

Phil

Previously: MurghBpurn

Quote Originally Posted by MurghBpurn
    Many settings have extra derived stats, could one or more blank lines be included in the Derived Stats pane?
    So I thought I'd give this a try myself. I managed to move up and reduce the space between the base and modified boxes, but could I reduce the space between the titles? No!! Tried everything, I could offset left and right, but nothing I tried would offset up or down!

Blog Entries
    That would be a nice addition Phil. Unfortunately I can't help you with the coding.

I thought I'd use this thread to suggest a couple improvements to the ruleset though. If you don't mind.

I think it would be useful to have improved windows for Personalities. Somewhere I could track down ammo (just like on the mini sheet of pcs). And oh, I dont know about you guys but everytime I want to add a skill entry to a personality sheet I have to "create item" twice for the line to appear. Later on, when I open it back up, there's an extra line. Same goes with Damage and Notes.

Also, it would be neat if I could deal myself a card without the players being to see it. Forgive me if there's a way to do that already and I missed it.

In the weapons tab of the main sheet, I'd like to see a way to modify the Shooting or Fighting roll. For instance, I have trademark weapon or my weapon is magical and offers a +1 to hit.

That's all I can think of right now.

Long live Savage Worlds!
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter
    That would be a nice addition Phil. Unfortunately I can't help you with the coding.
    Yeah my coding abilities is "hmm that apperas to work like..." *cuts and pastes*

I thought I'd use this thread to suggest a couple improvements to the ruleset though. If you don't mind.
    Exactly what the thread is for!

I think it would be useful to have improved windows for Personalities. Somewhere I could track down ammo (just like on the mini sheet of pcs).
    Yep, gets my vote!

And oh, I dont know about you guys but everytime I want to add a skill entry to a personality sheet I have to "create item" twice for the line to appear. Later on, when I open it back up, there's an extra line. Same goes with Damage and Notes.
    Skills on a Personality sheet works first time with me, not sure what you mean with the Damage and Notes.

Also, it would be neat if I could deal myself a card without the players being to see it. Forgive me if there's a way to do that already and I missed it.
    Not that I know of.

In the weapons tab of the main sheet, I'd like to see a way to modify the Shooting or Fighting roll. For instance, I have trademark weapon or my weapon is magical and offers a +1 to hit.
    That would be good, at the moment I make a seperate Skill with a bonus.

Long live Savage Worlds!
    Yes indeed!!

Haven't spoken with Doug about officially taking on SW 3.1 ruleset, but once I've got the Deadlands extension nailed, I should be familiar enough with it all to iron out some kinks and put new features into place.

I think now is a good time to discuss wish lists of features for SW though, will try and think of a few of my own ! (Although Deadlands support is and always has been #1 for me !)

Blog Entries
    As it should Phantomwhale!

I'm looking forward to see what you've done with it.

Just curious, any chance you've incorporated better card dealing support for the DL:R extension? With the gambling rules and the Dealing with Devil feature of the huckster, I feel dealing 10 cards to him is a minor annoyance. Or perhaps we should use a different app (such a yahoo) when it's time to play poker. The GM can't deal cards without the players seeing its hand, vice versa for the players. It would be neat to have that.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

As it should Phantomwhale!

I'm looking forward to see what you've done with it.

Just curious, any chance you've incorporated better card dealing support for the DL:R extension? With the gambling rules and the Dealing with Devil feature of the huckster, I feel dealing 10 cards to him is a minor annoyance. Or perhaps we should use a different app (such a yahoo) when it's time to play poker. The GM can't deal cards without the players seeing its hand, vice versa for the players. It would be neat to have that.
    Haven't looked into card dealing yet, but certainly wanted to provide improved support for dealing with the devil type activities - and naturally the new gambling rules would benefit from this too.

Will put together a list of activities I've catered for in the new ruleset once it's looking "sort of done", and post it on the forums to solicit ideas for features or user activities I might have missed.

Still working through the modules at the moment. 320 pages turns into a lot of XML code at the end of it all !

Blog Entries
    I'd like a new and improved mini sheet

The wound modifier button on the combat tracker for NPCs (like the mini-sheet one) would be my biggie.

Also benny pool for GM (to keep track of how many he has left).

Would be my two requests.
    Last edited by Doswelk; August 31st, 2010 at 15:49.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk
    The wound modifier button on the combat tracker for NPCs (like the mini-sheet one) would be my biggie.

Also benny pool for GM (to keep track of how many he has left).

Would be mine to requests.
    I'll second those!

Thread Information