FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

AD&D 2nd Edition?

I realize this dates me, but I'm a die-hard player of the AD&D 2nd Edition (with Combat & Tactics) player. Is there support for this software for this old version of AD&D?

Thanks!

I've been contemplating this software, not so much for online play as to make the process easier in f2f. (With the help of a projector)

It will be still a manual process. You would be better off getting a Full license if you are only using it as a Face to Face game table for tracking stats, initiative, character information, NPC information, etc.

[Question] AD&D 2ed - Combat and Tactics - Phases

switched to new thread...

2nd Ed Ruleset

I downloaded it as you said stitched... at https://boxofgeeks.net/~wikirpg/FG2Rulesets/ADnD.zip

It seems like there is a lot missing and non-functional, is there a newer version or something?

Guess I should have been more specific...

Missing/Non-Functional Items...
    No Non-Weapon Proficencies
    No ability to add in spells
    No ability to add in character images
    Attempting to roll dice from weapon desc results in script error.
    Attempting to mark a character in combat tracker as their turn results in script error.
    Weapons for characters now showing up in combat tracker.

and this is just what I noticed in the first 30 seconds.
    Last edited by silvereagle72; August 18th, 2010 at 23:42.

As I keep trying Im hitting more problems... Please tell me there is another version somewhere!?

Character Sheet:
    Unable to enter description for blank (5th Line) of Armor Class Information
    Unable to enter Misc THACO modifier for either Melee or Ranged
    Unable to enter Non-Profiency Penalty
    Unable to enter New Proficency every: X

Combat Tracker:
    Switching active characters in any way causes Script error
    Next round Button in Combat causes script error and doesnt increment round doesnt show speed, weapons, armor class for characters
    Last edited by silvereagle72; August 19th, 2010 at 04:04.

First off, I should add that when you unzip the file, make the ruleset files are under only one folder and not buried two folders deep (like this file has: to be on the safe side, it should just be

ADD/(all the ruleset files)

AD&D/ADD/((all the ruleset files)

Second, I am running the latest version of Fantasy Grounds 2 (2.7.1 Test Release) but maybe it will work with 2.6.5 without issues (I didn't test because 2.7.1 seems stable for everything else).

I'm not getting the script errors but I can try to answer your questions with what little experience I have with the rule-set.

Things like Modifiers usually require you to use a combination of the CTRL key and the middle mouse wheel to change the number (+/-).

You should fill out the entire front page with all your stats, class, name, etc.

In order to add spells, you need to define your class as one of the magic using classes (wizard, sorcerer, cleric) and a spell book icon should appear. On the spells page, make sure the tick-box at the bottom named "Preparation Mode" is active. If it is, you should see # Spells/Level at the top of the sheet, where you can manually enter how many spells you have. When you add #'s of spells, a listing by level should appear (Level 0, Level 1). Right clicking on that text should allow you to add spells.

Speed/Weapons/AC on the Combat tracker are made visible by clicking on the sword/shield icons (right hand side).

A lot of these, of course, would be alleviated with documentation for the ruleset

Quote Originally Posted by silvereagle72
    As I keep trying Im hitting more problems... Please tell me there is another version somewhere!?

Character Sheet:
    Unable to enter description for blank (5th Line) of Armor Class Information
    Unable to enter Misc THACO modifier for either Melee or Ranged
    Unable to enter Non-Profiency Penalty
    Unable to enter New Proficency every: X

Combat Tracker:
    Switching active characters in any way causes Script error
    Next round Button in Combat causes script error and doesnt increment round doesnt show speed, weapons, armor class for characters
    Last edited by Stitched; August 19th, 2010 at 17:56.

Been in contact with Unerwünscht (You Are AWESOME!!) and he's working on getting the ruleset working with 2.7.

To all the XML programmers that take the time to write and modify these for old school players like me... a big THANK YOU!

Thread Information