DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Fantasy Grounds 2 Not Found

I purchased the Savage World ruleset for FG (I have a Full License), however when I try the Installer that comes with the file I get this nasty little message that says 'Fantasy Grounds 2 not found' - I know it is installed as I have been mucking about on it lately. I have searched the forums for any similar cases of this and have not been able to find anything.

The readme file with the installer is not terribly informative.

Blog Entries
    What is your installation path for Fantasy Grounds? We haven't seen this issue reported before, but I wonder if it has something to do with an alternate installation path.

C:\Program Files\Fantasy Grounds II

Blog Entries
    Okay, I found the problem. Fantasy Grounds is installed for the currently logged in user only (or Administrator if you do an Admin install.) It places files under c:\users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\ and writes entries to HKEY_CURRENT_USER in the registry. You can either reinstall FG when logged on as the other user and keep a separate set of campaigns, rulesets and modules or you can manually copy them over from one account to another, assuming you have the necessary privileges.

For the registry entries, you can do the reinstall or you can open regedit, export the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Fantasy Grounds branch and then dbl-click to import it when logged in to the other account.

Thank you for your prompt replies. Problem solved.

Thread Information