STAR TREK 2d20

I am at a loss... connection issues with Windows 7

So I am new to Fantasy grounds and just got this thing installed.

Been reading up on this and looked at faq's and so, but no matter what I do, I can't make the connection test work, so others can log on to my game session.

I have tried making an inbound (and outbound) rule that should open port 1802, but nothing seems to happen. I have tried everything I could find on the net, but perhaps I am just not technically apt. It doesn't help either that most of the stuff you can find is described for XP (which I happen to like a lot), but since I now run 7...

Help please.

Vires Animi

P.S.: Doesn't matter if I have the Firewall on or off. Still can't connect.
    Last edited by viresanimi; August 1st, 2010 at 18:25.

Your ability to allow a connection to your machine is controlled by your machine as well as your router.

For FG, I did not need to configure Windows 7 at all, other than to accept the changes in the firewall dialog when I first hosted.

However, the router is a little more manual process, and a lot more specific to the brand you bought. The basic idea is that you need to log into your router's administration screen, and then set up port forwarding for port 1802 to the local IP address of your machine. Your router manual might have more details.

There is a pre-release version of v2.7 available through the Laboratory forum that uses UPnP to attempt to auto-configure your router for port forwarding using the built-in Windows UPnP library. However, it may not work for all network configurations, but should work for most simple configurations.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    You probably have your Windows 7 firewall set properly and just need to map an external connection from your router to your PC for port 1802. This setting is different depending on the router type, but is typically under game setup or port forwarding.

Thread Information