DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Hi,
    in reference to the problem with the skills on the NPC sheets, I think the following should fix it.

make a backup of, then open up
    adventure_npcs.xml

there are three pieces of script in this file that need changing to sort various oddities with players viewing the npc sheet. The bug is the same in each case.

First search for <template name="npcskillmodbox"> - then the <scripts> section under it.

Change the onInit function from
    Code:
    function onInit()
      if User.isHost() then 
      source = window.skill.getDatabaseNode()
      source.onUpdate = update
      update()
      end
    end
    to
    Code:
    function onInit()        
      source = window.skill.getDatabaseNode()
      source.onUpdate = update
      update()
    end
    next find <template name="npcmodbox"> and in the <scripts> section change the onInit function from
    Code:
    function onInit()
      if User.isHost() then
      source = window.getDatabaseNode().getChild(sourcename[1]);
      source.onUpdate = update
      update()
      end
    end
    to
    Code:
    function onInit()        
      source = window.getDatabaseNode().getChild(sourcename[1]);
      source.onUpdate = update
      update()
    end
    and finally find <windowclass name="npc_skillentry"> and in the <scripts> section change the onInit function from
    Code:
    function onInit()
      if User.isHost() then
      source = window.skill.getDatabaseNode();
      source.onUpdate = update;
      update();
      end
    end
    to
    Code:
    function onInit()
      source = window.skill.getDatabaseNode();
      source.onUpdate = update;
      update();          
    end
    This third one fixes the skill issue that you're having, the other two fix issues when the mod box comes into existance once you hit 12 on the stat or the skill.

This seems to work on my version, but please do take a backup in case it breaks something on yours.

Cheers
    Firtun

Thanks Firtun, but unfortunately this did not work for me. In fact, not only does this code not fix the problem on the client end, but it breaks the host functionality. Now they both work exactly the same - skills that appear on the right side of the sheet do not work.

It has something to do with the way the skills are displayed; it appears that the right skill is merged with the left skill on the same line. Attached is an image as an example. In the example, attempting to drag the die for Fighting, instead drags the text 'Climbing' to the chat window.

Nothing helpful from me here - just thought I'd chime in that I also see this problem with client NPCs (using unmodified V3 Savage Worlds ruleset + unofficial patches extension).

Hmm,
    those are the changes I made to fix the problem when I noticed it. And I can now roll dice from the second column of the skills in the npc list. Will take a look at the changes I made and see if there were any others later today.

OK I've looked at a working version I have and there shouldn't be any changes to the scripts in the npcmodbox template.
    Otherwise the changes I have are as stated above.

I'll mail you Uthred rather than the ping pong through the forums and then once it's worked out, can post the fix here.

Firtun
    Last edited by Firtun; July 26th, 2010 at 08:06.

Look forward to seeing the outcome of the fixes here with the NPC skills list.

Meanwhile, the fix Oberoten posted to allow PCs to move ally tokens, along with a little enhancement from me to allow them to see the ally reach as well, has been integrated into the Savage World unofficial patches extension :

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=12159

Any comments or thoughts on this extension, or including this feature in it, should be added to that thread.

Regards,
    Ben

Hi,
    I've spoken with Uthred and we've been able to get it working. The fixes posted above do work, each one corrects a small bug with the npc skills sheet when viewed by a player.
    One of them corrects the positioning of the right hand skills, and the other two correct the appearance of the modifier box when the skill or attribute die is less than d12.
    Hopefully someone else can confirm it works as well.

Firtun

Quote Originally Posted by Firtun
    Hi,
    I've spoken with Uthred and we've been able to get it working. The fixes posted above do work, each one corrects a small bug with the npc skills sheet when viewed by a player.
    One of them corrects the positioning of the right hand skills, and the other two correct the appearance of the modifier box when the skill or attribute die is less than d12.
    Hopefully someone else can confirm it works as well.

Firtun
    I can confirm this works, having played with it today, and I'm just adding it into the unofficial patches extension

Thanks !
    Ben

Thread Information