DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: WoD: Bug Fix

you must be talking about oWoD. nWoD 8+ is flat out success and dificulty is rated by how many successes re needed to complete the task.instant tasks difficulty is set my modifiers relevant to the situation. less dice in the pool the less chances.

the character sheet he made is exact to that of the new World of Darkness.

The update that I posted, I did too quick and there are bugs in my own code (not enough test in play). though right now testing the fix and added chance rolls.

i was under revised, but i don't know who plays this Storytelling system you refer to. but then again they are always changing stupid rules and just when you get settled on it something else comes out.

seems kind of odd to have a fixed difficulty of 8 is that what you have it set to. well coming from a WoD player for your mod. it still would be nice to have the option to set your difficult verse being stuck in that version. the botchs or whatever i guess.

are you planing on coming out with other char sheets or just vampire? or come up with a more universal char sheet?

As an old WoD player that rule change annoys the heck out of me. XD would you be willing to see to the old way for us OG players?

but you character sheet only covers vampire. i think a good way to make it more universal have the middle and bottom of the character sheet have blank lines with 10 bubble slots more (ten might be a bit much but it should be better then trying to figure out how to add those in somehow if you have to)

-skills-
    also with the skill it might be better to put those on a whole new page like in the d20 system. and allow the player or add slots.

-were creatures-
    also adding a page to were creatures. if you look at the werespider.jpg 4 sections with a blank set up should work well.

-Health-
    also for the health section you might want to add 2 boxes above bruised level and two below incapacitated. adding boxes above because you can have merits or enchantments that increase your health and for below incap. it seems like there is a few sheets that have that option. but by default it would be nice if you could have them grayed out or turned off.

-random-
    most of what i am thinking about might seem like you would be adding to much, but as a stated i think it would be better to have more slots then less.

so clearly form looking at everything the major differences are in the bottom middle. like if your a mage you have quintessence or vampire blood pool.

bellow is some examples sheets... the next post will be an ideal character sheet. and i have seen then sheet before, but i could not find it so i just paint so sorry if it is not more pro looking my photo shop is not working atm.

here is the new sheets. i do see the difficultly in trying to come up with something that works for race or whatever. i pretty much have every book and character sheet so i tried to take all those elements and put them together. the red bars are where the player or gm would input the information. the skills being blank might be unnecessary but maybe you can do the eight or the 12 that they all seems to have or you can leave the other four blank. either way to have the ability to add the skills you need is helpful. but i guess the nice thing about them being blank is it is less work for you and you can use the spots for something else if need be as a play.

meh o crap i forgot to include the changeling in the other post. also i have all the books in pdf if there is one you need or been looking for let me know and i can send you the pdf.

also i decided to do with 7 dots as it seem to fit and give some room for growth with out being retarded

Here is a fixed version of the file i posted before with some extras.
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/rzdgh...ness-fixed.zip

the 10 again rule is fixed to properly handle multiple 10
    again rolls (this time the 8+ counts for success on 10 again, as in the book rules).
    added GM modifier sending. command example: ^+2 assisted
    drag to players portrait to load the mod to their pool.

added chance roll:
    if the attribute+skill - modifier = 0 or less you can hold Alt and double click the dice pool which will load the chance die double click the stack again without Alt and the chance roll will be thrown only 10 counts for a success on chance roll and all chance 10 again rolls.

holding Alt while dice are thrown and land will make the dice revealed to the players so Gm can switch between secret rolls and revealed rolls at will.

hope some one finds these additions of use.
    Last edited by saithan; November 2nd, 2010 at 04:05.

@Cleb

The WoD ruleset I posted to the wiki has character sheets for all the gamelines released at the time, albeit many of them are placeholders (but Vampire and Mage are both full sheets). The GM right-clicks on the button at the top right of the character sheet and can then choose which gameline to use from a radial menu (see attachment).

The gamelines are only available if the GM chooses to load the extensions at session startup.

Stuart

do you plan to do the other races? wait so players cant choose between mage or vampire? don't you think that is kind of weird XD or can a player still create either one and then import based upon what the gm chooses?

no, it means that if the gm loads that extension then it is selectable for players.

Actually, the GM chooses which type of immortal the player character can be - this allows the player to select it indirectly (by discussing his/her choice with the GM) but prevents the player from doing so without the GM's consent.

It seemed better that way - but you could always modify the ruleset to give players more freedom.

Stuart

Thread Information