DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Character creation question

This may be more of a FGII question since I'm brand new to the system.

I'm testing out the software by localling creating characters. Rolling dice and then Drag and Drop into basic stats works fine. But with some abilities that are supposed to be taken from averaging basic stats I can't figure out how to put the numbers in.

The cursor blinks, but I can't enter a number and I don't know how to get the number in there that is supposed to be the average of two other numbers. I don't have the software in front of me, so I can't remember exactly what field it was. HP maybe? Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimstax
    The cursor blinks, but I can't enter a number
    The number keypad doesn't work in FG, you need to use number keys across the top of the keyboard.

I don't know how to get the number in there that is supposed to be the average of two other numbers. I don't have the software in front of me, so I can't remember exactly what field it was. HP maybe?
    HP is the average of SIZ and CON, SP is determined by SAN, and MP is determined by POW. These numbers aren't calculated for you in the CoC ruleset, because they can go up and down with healing, magic, damage etc.

Hope that helps

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by Foen
    The number keypad doesn't work in FG, you need to use number keys across the top of the keyboard.
    I can't type at all on my laptop when FG is maximized. Something else to look at.

I figured it was something like that. I used the mouse wheel too and that seemed to work.

Now, I can just set up the module with the rules to send to players and they will get it automatically, right?

Thanks much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jharii
    I can't type at all on my laptop when FG is maximized. Something else to look at.
    This will be a loss of focus thing. Use ALT-TAB to get back to FGII if this happens. Changing back to FGII with a mouse click doesn't always work, especially when maximised.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Now, I can just set up the module with the rules to send to players and they will get it automatically, right?
    You create a campaign from FG and when your players connect their machines will download what they need from your machine. The first connection for each player will take longer, as they need to download a lot of stuff, but future connections should be very quick because they only download data that has changed since they last connected.

The first time you try to host a game with FG you can have problems getting your players to connect, if you haven't already set up your firewall to allow FG to act as a host. It is worth having a session in advance with just one of your players, to get the firewall settings working, otherwise it can be very frustrating.

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by Foen
    The first time you try to host a game with FG you can have problems getting your players to connect, if you haven't already set up your firewall to allow FG to act as a host. It is worth having a session in advance with just one of your players, to get the firewall settings working, otherwise it can be very frustrating.

Stuart
    I found that out last night when I did just that. Still need to figure out how to get past my router. Even the hints here didn't help. I'm going to research it some more today and try again tonight. I'm glad I thought of it before we set up a game with more players. It was a very frustrating evening, though.

The port forwarding website linked in the FAQ section is extremely useful. It has instructions for a number of different routers.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Quote Originally Posted by Valarian
    The port forwarding website linked in the FAQ section is extremely useful. It has instructions for a number of different routers.
    Thanks, Earl. I saw that site, but it looks like it charges and I'm still hoping to get it figured out for myself. I just didn't expect this much frustration. I've got McAfee figured out, now it's getting to the configuration on my wireless router and DSL modem.

I really appreciate the responsiveness and help. I may be back...

Got it working, I think. First trial game Monday afternoon. Thanks for all the help and advice.

Thread Information