STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: HeroQuest

HeroQuest

Is anyone working on a HeroQuest ruleset? The narrative style of this game should fit in perfectly with FG.

You´re talking about the Warhammer Hero Quest...or the other one...?
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

Quote Originally Posted by cjl1138
    Is anyone working on a HeroQuest ruleset? The narrative style of this game should fit in perfectly with FG.
    I was playing around with it a bit but didn't get very far. I am still trying to teach myself XML and Lua programming.

In the short run, I just made a desktop graphic and used one of the generic character sheet extensions.

-Kevin McD

BTW, making a ruleset that automates HQ (the Moon Design game) rules would not be simple since it involves comparing the dice rolls of different actors - GM vs PC, PC vs PC, etc. That is why I defaulted to a generic sheet and did the actual game mechanics offline.

-Kevin McD

On a similar note I imagine the upcoming Castle Ravenloft board game would be a really straight forward conversion considering it's 4e D&D roots. There is a nice unboxing video from gencon here:
    https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread...deo-on-youtube

I'm looking at least for a character sheet for heroquest RPG..
    does anyone have one?

regards

Stordyr

Quote Originally Posted by Stordyr
    I'm looking at least for a character sheet for heroquest RPG..
    does anyone have one?Stordyr
    IIRC I used the Base ruleset with the Generic Rules Extension (see the FG wiki). You also might be able to use the Any System Extension.

None of the above are in active development, though.

-KevinMcD

I've done this ruleset (based on 2.9 d3.5). It's still an alpha version but it's fonctionnal : character sheet, "combat tracker" for extended conflict, and "battle" for conflict creation.
    Some bugs to delete, some functions to add and it will be there soon.

Quote Originally Posted by rule of three
    I've done this ruleset (based on 2.9 d3.5). It's still an alpha version but it's fonctionnal : character sheet, "combat tracker" for extended conflict, and "battle" for conflict creation.
    Some bugs to delete, some functions to add and it will be there soon.
    Great! Thanks for working on this.

Thread Information