DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Open Table Dungeon Crawl

A while back someone (Griogre?) on FUM ran an Open Table dungeon crawl, which seemed quite popular. Would there be any interest in a Savage Worlds version?

Phil

Previously: MurghBpurn

Blog Entries
    Please explain
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Each week whoever turned up would go on a dungeon crawl, some characters played every session, some only played once. At the end of the evening’s session the characters were all whizzed back to their start location, to allow for a reasonable explanation of why the party was changing.

I only played one session, (the times weren't great for me) and I can't remember the rationale behind the "teleporting back".

Blog Entries
    And then what? the new party would go through the same dungeon again? or the rooms would be without the monsters the party from the week before defeated? And the new group try to complete the dungeon?
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

The "group" would act like a normal group some characters would continue, new ones might join. The "group" would carry on exploring the dungeon from where they left off last time. I believe the previous "Open Table" dungeon had a couple of players that played every week so there was some continuity.

Edit:
    I thought it was only advertised on FUM, however I've just found some posts here on FG.
    Last edited by VenomousFiligree; July 4th, 2010 at 20:32.

Blog Entries
    Ok, got it.

I understand how much of a good idea it is for a medium like FG2 where players come and go.

It goes with the Convention Style game philosophy I want to adopt. Yet, there seems to be very little interest. Players see the word "campaign" , they get all excited, want to commit, yet life happens and one day they dont show up and you're carefully thought of campaign goes through a grind.

Nevermind me, I'm just venting hehe...

Seriously though, I endorse your idea Murgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter
    ... and you're carefully thought of campaign goes through a grind...
    Doesn't even have to be campaign, I've had a few single scenarios (2-4 FG sessions) that haven't been completed due to player drop out

As long as you can come up with a reasonable excuse for the change in players, then it should work.

Blog Entries
    I used to justify player absence by stating that their group had been cursed by an evil god and teleport them to hell to torture them. While away, they also sometimes received visions that would help the group understand an obscure part of the scenario or act as a hook for another mission.

In a sci-fi setting it could be aliens, FBI or CIA for a modern setting.

Hi Phil!

This sounds cool to me, I'd be keen depending on the timeslot.

Rob

I'd be happy to play (time/day permitting of course!)
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thread Information