DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Blog Entries
    Both embed graphics and linked image please I'm really putting you to work now am I? lol

Cascading menu. Take the PHB library module from the 4e ruleset. If you click on the Reference entry you can activate all these drop down sub entries.

And other well made library modules have each entry in order, not necessarily in alphabetical order. Like the SWEX Player's Guide has Credit/Legal at the top. And with the SWEX Player's Guide module you can drop Edges, Hindrances, Powers and Skills on your character sheet. I want to learn how to do that.

Let me know what's going on with the Wizards & Warriors.

And I understand if you are not an expert. Perhaps someone else would be kind enough to help you teach us through tutorial videos.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter
    Both embed graphics and linked image please I'm really putting you to work now am I? lol.
    Thought so...

Cascading menu. Take the PHB library module from the 4e ruleset. If you click on the Reference entry you can activate all these drop down sub entries.
    Not got a 4e Library to see this (do not play it, thus not DDI subscription, thus no legal way to see the library layout.)

Plus the lua/xml code that supports this is the 4e ruleset may not exist in the SW ruleset, the library layout capabilities is decided by the ruleset.

And other well made library modules have each entry in order, not necessarily in alphabetical order. Like the SWEX Player's Guide has Credit/Legal at the top. And with the SWEX Player's Guide module you can drop Edges, Hindrances, Powers and Skills on your character sheet. I want to learn how to do that.
    That's easier though, it will be in the module builder.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Let me know what's going on with the Wizards & Warriors.
    Right I found this: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...zards+warriors

Which showed that is was uploaded on the old Savage Worlds Online for free.

I'll see if I can work out how to get it on the FG wiki...
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Yesterday I started my own blog (this is different from the gaming blog on SavageWorldsOnline).

The third post has links to the original camtasia videos so you can now watch them without needing YouTube.

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Mind a link? I don't see what you're referring too.

D'oh!!!!!

That's what happens when you post at 2 in the morning!

https://www.furiousdice.com

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

New video done!

After an eternity I have finally made a new video!

I'll need to split it into two before I can post on YouTube.

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Blog Entries
    I'm starting to understand... a little bit hehe

Which notepad do you use? How do some of your text seem to appear on the screen without copy and paste? Why are lines margined in the way they are? Are they any xml editing tutorial you use and would recommend? Is there a comprehensive list of which "command" does what somewhere on the web or on this forum?

I'm looking forward to your next video.

Thanks for taking the time to do this Kevin. I appreciate it.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

I'm starting to understand... a little bit hehe
    Glad to hear it!

Which notepad do you use?
    I use Notepad++ (with the XML plugin)

How do some of your text seem to appear on the screen without copy and paste?
    That is most likely as I buggered up the commentary as I was pasting stuff, swore a little and then started the commentary again, then in the edit I removed the mistakes so the video "jumps" from time to time! Having a script would probably help immensely!

Why are lines margined in the way they are? Are they any xml editing tutorial you use and would recommend?
    Again quirk of my not auto-formatting stuff as I go (I use the XML plugin to "pretty" up the code every so often.

I bought a book on XML but to be honest most of it (style sheets etc.) do not apply to FGII. I just taught myself (hacking around with FG1, then FG 2, lua is the code I have problems with right now!)

Is there a comprehensive list of which "command" does what somewhere on the web or on this forum?
    There is the XML scripting reference on this very site. (But I do not know how complete it is, my knowledge is very limited to the SW ruleset these days!)

I'm looking forward to your next video. Thanks for taking the time to do this Kevin. I appreciate it.
    You are welcome I am looking for requests, on what people want.

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk
    my knowledge is very limited to the SW ruleset these days!)
    Then how about making a xml list of command pertaining to the SW ruleset in the near future?

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk
    You are welcome I am looking for requests, on what people want.
    Next:
    How to link an image to a library module
    How to create a table (weapons table for instance)
    How to create personalities/vehicles
    And perhaps you did that in the previous video but I didnt "get" it; how to attach a thumbnail picture to your module.

Something else too, and perhaps Doug should answer that instead of you. But what about the legality of it? What must absolutely be included in that module for the publisher to accept it? and in what format?

You know, since Smite Works rely on the community to release all this material you think it would be a good investment for them to pay someone to develop a module creator software/editor. I'm sure there would be a dramatic increase in the influx of new material available. More modules = more members and more money. Sure, that would also mean more people could make their own module and would no longer need to purchase it from the store. But the bottom line is, people would still buy them. Why? For the same reason that many GM's buy campaign settings, adventure modules and sourcebooks, because it saves them a lot of time.

Oh well, keep up the good work Kevin!

Thread Information