DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Dice Tower

I think your notes above cover it.

A lot if the way SW is written seems designed to negate the need for secret rolls, but sometimes they can be useful.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Big question is still the icons then.

The SWEX compass would be "SWEXy", but not sure it's at all "Secret dice rollery" ? Need someone to see the icon and lean toward the idea of dropping dice onto it for secret rolls. But at the same time, don't want to dump a big brick tower there for non-fantasy gamers, given the whole ruleset has a more "pulp" feel anyway.

Maybe a GM screen (the haven for all hidden rolls) ? Or a dice cup ?

Like the wooden fort idea for a Western / Deadlands skin.

I would argue against the PCs seeing dice exploding (if it can be done). Secret should be secret

Previously: MurghBpurn

Quote Originally Posted by MurghBpurn
    I would argue against the PCs seeing dice exploding (if it can be done). Secret should be secret
    Although trying doing a "secret" explode at the table ?! (ok, it's perfectly possible, with a little misdirection...)

Will have to look to see how easy it is whilst coding it.

We should not be limited by the real world table and take advantage of what FG allows (as we do else where)

If it *can* be done, maybe an option for either?

Quote Originally Posted by phantomwhale
    Although trying doing a "secret" explode at the table ?! (ok, it's perfectly possible, with a little misdirection...)

Will have to look to see how easy it is whilst coding it.
    Would it be easier to have it always appear to explode?

<evil grin>
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk
    Would it be easier to have it always appear to explode?

<evil grin>
    Like it!

LOL, I like it too!

i sat down to think about this for most of the afternoon, whilst pretending to do some work... In regards to images, it really depends on whether the plan is to have a specific image for each setting, or a generic one for all.

Many of the settings are indeed pulpy, but not all. Its much easier to think of themed images though, you could even tie it in with a similar image for each theme. For example, it could always be "chuck your dice in the hat" and then you could use a cowboy hat for Deadlands, a top hat or bowler hat for Rippers/Space 1889, a Biggles flying hat or a Fedora for pulp etc, etc)

If its going to be generic to cover all, then its harder to decide, at least Ive found it to be so anyway. ive not been able to come up with a satisfactory answer, I dont really like it being a tower as thats to setting specific. Nor a GM-screen as I dont think the graphic itself will be that cool. Perhaps we should play on the secrecy aspect of the action, maybe it should simply be an image of a dice cup with a "?" on the side, though thats not a particularly exciting graphic either. Maybe some sort of character with a mask on to signify the spy-like aspect?

OK clearly this needs more thought, I was only going to post a one-liner and look whats happened. This is why I dont join forums! ahem...

Sorry bout the wall 'o' text.

Wretch

Thread Information