STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

GURPS 4E World War 2 Monthly Game

I am looking for players interested in joining up with the 82nd Airborne in their epic battle across Europe in 1944. (This is a reboot of a GURPS World War II campaign that I started with some friends last year, but stagnated when players were taken away by real life.)

Characters will play members of Baker Company, 2nd Battalion, 510th Regiment, 82nd Airborne, aka, Bakers Bastards. The campaign itself is based in reality, but there will be significant modifications (the PC's will end up in places the 82nd didn't simply because it would be fun to participate in a battle, small decisions will be made that will alter the time line, etc).

While the setting will necessarily involve a large amount of combat, I am looking for mature (18+) players who enjoy Role Playing just as much (I don't want combat to be the sole focus of the game. In fact there will definitly be game sessions without a single shot fired).

BTW, even though the material can be serious in nature, I'm a very laid back person and want to have fun while playing, so therefore I will definitly try to lighten the mood so we're not all somber, sad players

Game Information: We will be using GURPS 4E. I'm still a relative newbie to GMing this, so we will be starting 'rules lite', ie, we'll introduce rules as we go along to insure that no one is confused or overwhelmed.

If you're a newbie to GURPS, you're still welcome to play. We'll try to help you along the best we can.

Playing Times: I am aiming for a once a month game (due to real life, anymore then that and the quality *snerk* of the game might degrade). The exact time of game play is something we'd have to work out amongst the players. I am in the American Eastern Time Zone and we'd probably shoot for an evening time (say 8pm to 11pm).

Requirements: I have a Full Version of Fantasy Grounds, so I will need players who have at least Lite Versions in order to play (unless someone wants to buy me a Ultimate Version )

There is no need for a microphone, as I intend to run this all text based. Sure, some things might go slower, but I think we'll still have fun.

It would be great if all the players had access to the GURPS 4E Character book, simply so that the GM doesn't have to constantly pause and look things up for others.

The Website <-- I've created an obsdian portal site to give some basic information about the game. I'll setup forums in the near future as well.

Bonus! Every character will have a custom Order of the Stick style token made for their PC

If you're interested, post here and we'll see if we can't get the ball rolling.
    DM: For reference sake, when a bad guys dies, I'll turn their token over. So an upside down 'A' or 'B' means it's a corpse.
    PC 1: So if we kill a 'M' is it reincarnated as a 'W'?
    PC 2: That damn 'O' just won't die!

Oh I'm interested all right. I have a monthly shift pattern that means keeping all sorts of strange hours. So there is a good chance I'll be able to play regularly even though I live in GMT.

I'm interested, though I'm not familair with the 4E GURPS rules. I have the full license, but have yet to play a game

Quote Originally Posted by zenile
    I'm interested, though I'm not familair with the 4E GURPS rules. I have the full license, but have yet to play a game
    Gurps is rather easy to learn (there's some advanced rules that can be confusing, but I add those in as necessary). And I'm willing to teach new folks, since after all I learned from someone here

The easiest way to learn is to look at the Gurps 4E Lite Rules.

However, if you intended to play and make a full character, I'd highly recommend the Gurps 4E Basic Characters book. It'd be hard to make a well rounded character without that in my opinon.
    DM: For reference sake, when a bad guys dies, I'll turn their token over. So an upside down 'A' or 'B' means it's a corpse.

I'd love to join, but it'd start 2:00 am where I live, so I have to fold

Any advance on two players? Would you be willing to run a game with just two?

I don't think it'd work out with only two players sadly. I put out some feelers and should know in a day or two if I can get some more folks. If not, well, I'll have to shelve this one for the time being. :/

Maybe it'll pop up again under another game system with more people playing (I'm looking at Savage Worlds right now, so that's a possibility).

I'm interested, regardless if it is GURPS or Savage Worlds.

I am interested, but i am new to GURPS as well I have been reading up on it. My timezone is PST and Saturdays are usually a no go. Please PM me if this thing takes off.

-Phil

I'm fairly interested as well and am considering rolling up a character if this goes foward.

Thread Information