DICE PACKS BUNDLE

changing a symbol in 4E

i was able to change the gm symbol in the chat log during the 4e_jpg but since 4E it changed back and i cant find the file to replace it.

It's now embedded in the 4E.pak file as an official download. You can extract the files into the rulesets directory, and make changes there if you like. You will have to remove the 4E.pak file to prevent it from overriding your custom version in the rulesets directory. When the 4E.pak file gets updated with a release, you will need to do this again.

Cheers,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    You could also write a simple extension to override the definition for the GM portrait. This way you can leave the 4E.pak file in place and shouldn't need to worry about ruleset updates.

For reference 4E uses the following name for the GM's chat icon:

Code:
    <icon name="portrait_gm_token" file=graphics/icons/portrait_gm_token.png" />
    For an example on how to create an extension you can download my 4E House Rules extension (see my sig for the link to my resources page). If you look at extension.xml and graphics.xml you should be able to see how to setup the override. The replacement icon is stored in the extension under graphics/icons.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

???

ok i dont see how to open either of these methods and dr. your documentation on your web page leave ignorant me even more lost

To unpack the file, change the extention from "pak" to "zip" and uncompress with your favorite zip program.

access denied

changed to a zip file was able to view but access denied for unzipping and changing things

DRZeuss

What do your house rules pak entail other than the graphic changes.
    I like the dm portrait (i am dungeon master! lol)

I presume i can just ignore your fumble rolls but what is the campaign date file about?
    Last edited by Bert Blaine; May 26th, 2010 at 16:48.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert Blaine
    What do your house rules pak entail other than the graphic changes.
    I like the dm portrait (i am dungeon master! lol)

I presume i can just ignore your fumble rolls but what is the campaign date file about?
    My House Rule mod:

- Fumble Rolls (Attack rolls of 1 result in an automated fumble roll)
    - Integrates my Metal theme and some bespoke 4E graphic updates
    - Integrates a small calendar control for managing campaign date and time

Use /date to open up a small calendar control (FR Calendar). You can then set the date and double click the time and date entries to timestamp the chatlog.

-
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Thread Information