Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

What System Would You Use for Zombies?

What system would you guys use for a zombie game? Typical Left for Dead type game, PCs vs. endless hordes, always trying to survive, but room for maybe special zombies and some story instead of just "OMG RUN!"

There's a pretty large number of systems that do a modern technology feel well but I've always had some major problem with each of them.

What would you guys use for such a game and why? Just curious.
    Crusader for everything that's not D&D.
    Crusader for those who Crusade.

All Flesh Must Be Eaten

Never really played it, but the GM was a huge Z fan and though that it was pretty flexible. Different kinds of zombies, templates.

You could also look at Savage Worlds. There's an adventure called Zombie Run which is essentially what you're describing.

As for why use it? Of the myriad systems out there, Savage Worlds handles LARGE combats (ie. those where your PCs are outnumbered four, five, even six to one) really quickly. Would I run such a large combat online? Not sure...but I've played in such large combats using Savage Worlds at a table, and it works great.
    Vincent Kingston
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by tdewitt274
    All Flesh Must Be Eaten

Never really played it, but the GM was a huge Z fan and though that it was pretty flexible. Different kinds of zombies, templates.
    /vote

Haven't played it in years but it was fun from what I can remember
    Everybody lies...
    -Dr. Gregory House, HOUSE MD-

Urge to destroy world, rising...
    -Black Mage, 8-Bit Theater-

If it's systems that have FG rulesets then I say GURPS.

The game system can be played in either basic or advanced mode. Hack a zombie with an axe, blow it apart with dynamite, set it alight with a molotov ****tail, burn it with a laser rifle, it doesn't matter to the system if it's low, modern or high tech. The rules cater for doing things like blowing off arms, legs, and heads (as you do in when dealing with zombies). The rules are flexible enough to let you make your zombies cannon fodder that you kill off by the dozen, or they could be creatures that just don’t seem to want to go down. If the bite from a zombie makes you start to decay and turn into a zombie, then the system caters for it.

Character creation allows the making any type of conceivable character, you’re not restricted to class. If you want to be a geeky bio-lab researcher, ex-marine, school bus driver, lonely housewife, or grounds keeper willy, then you can.

GURPS is a sandbox system, so you can basically do anything you want with it. The system won’t stand in the way of your imagination.

Without a doubt BRP now that it is finished, or CoC. Both caters to both firearms and melee and very flexible NPC's and characters both.

- Obe
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

I'am ashamedly not familiar with those abbreviations. May I be flogged.
    Crusader for everything that's not D&D.
    Crusader for those who Crusade.

BRP (Basic Roleplaying) and Call of Cthulhu (CoC), both use the d100 rules, which is really nice, as the BRP uses hit location. I would also give my vote for BRP, as it is one of the most action packed rulesets out there.
    AbacusForge - Blog
    Think - Develop - Build

Player:Yes Times: Contact Me

DM:Yes/Also willing to DM groups (PM me) Time: Contact Me

Rulesets: 3.5, Cthulhu

I might be biased, but I think Savage Worlds is the best bet. Lots of action, Fast! Fun! and Furious!
    Ultimate Licence holder

I've had FG for so LONG I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT!

But I'm learning!

All Flesh Must Be Eaten. Because it is created for zombie games: Rules are easy to learn, fast to play, flexible for any genres, and it really has the gritty survival feeling that most of the zombie games have. The game can also be played as very-gritty survival game or as an action-based zombie-horde destroying, or a mix of them both.

In addition I have created the AFMBE ruleset as side-project for Unisystem ruleset. However, on the dark site I haven't had any response from Eden Studios (AFMBE IP owner) yet to allow it to become a FGII product.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Thread Information