DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Targetting

Targetting

I've noticed a problem with players targeting in my games. It happened Sunday and last night's one shot game. I decided to investigate further this morning.

The issue is, when I load a map up and place tokens on then map, the players cannot target, even when its their turn and have everything unlocked.

Now if I don't make a map from a file, I just create a new drawing and use that as a map, targeting works fine. I've tested this on a separate computer with an Unregistered installation to mimic the exact environment.

Any ideas why its doing this?

Try having them close their combat tracker and re-open it. My players often have to do this to enable map interaction.

The combat tracker has to be open in order for the targeting to work in the 4E ruleset. The combat tracker is what links the tokens to the specific combatants.

Cheers,
    JPG

I've gotten into the habit of adding both npcs and pcs to the combat tracker first and then dragging them from the combat tracker to the map. It's the only way I'm assured that the targeting and area of reach will show up correctly.

Thread Information