FG Spreadshirt Swag

Question about the unregistered version

I have an ultimate license and was testing out a few things before I DM my first game next week. I installed an unregistered version on my laptop and the "Update Available" button is permanently lit up. When I do an update it checks the following packages:
    FantasyGroundsUpdaterUR
    SWK02
    foundation
    launcher

It then says it's done but the update available is still lit up.

I can connect to the campaign on my host and enter the campaign running there, but it requires a download of about 8MB to the cache. I've done some checking and and found out that this has to do with downloading the 4E ruleset, because adding the 4E pak file to the unregistered installation turns the required download for the client into the size I was expecting, which is a few hundred KB.

So my question is what the normal way for this to work actually is.

Does my unregistered installation have an updater problem and does this cause the required download when first joining the campaign to be much larger than needed, because it is missing certain pak files? Or is it normal way for an unregistered client to have to download the complete ruleset from the ultimate host to the cache?

If it is the latter should I expect my players to face large downloads every time an update to the ruleset is released?

The large update should only occur on the first connection to the session. When subsequent updates are made to the ruleset, only the updated files will be downloaded from the host to the client.

Cheers,
    JPG

Thread Information