STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    OK,

Quick question. Somebody posted before about managing 2 fights on two different maps.

Can you not just remove a token from one set of "initiative", and then just start a new Combat Tracker for the new map.

Also is this a limitation of Fantasy Grounds 2, or of the ruleset? I currently use the 4e ruleset mostly. In other words, could you just run a combat "ruleset free" and it would work?

Currently, all rulesets that I am aware of only support one instance of the combat tracker. If you want to run two separate combats across two maps at the same time, you would need to run them together on the combat tracker.

You could potentially run the combats without using the the combat tracker, but some of the features would not work in that scenario, such as targeting and effects, since they are tied to the combat tracker database.

If you had lots of time on your hands, you could potentially implement some sort of multiple combat tracker capability in the ruleset, but that's definitely a large project.

Cheers,
    JPG

Thanks for the reply. I guess the easiest system would be to run 1 combat in the tracker, and run the "ancillary" combat just using vanilla tokens and dice. Afterall FG2 is pretty strong in this area, or am I missing something?

In other words, I don't want to develop my multi map encounter only to find it's gonna crash anyway:P

Thread Information