1. #1

    Savage Worlds Online : Reloaded!

    Hello all! I just wanted to drop you all a line with some exciting news.

    I have taken ownership of Savage Worlds Online. This brings a great opportunity to really reach out to the community of people playing Savage Worlds using different applications. (Be it with just IM and Skype, or more advanced like Fantasy Grounds.)

    The site has been re-designed from the ground up, (and is currently still a work in progress!)

    There are a lot of exciting things that the staff of SWO (as we affectionately call it) have on the go. We are looking at developing a plot point campaign, various skins for the VTT apps, and just generally being there for the online community.

    So, drop on by, if you will! We would love to see you!

    http://savageworldsonline.net
    Ultimate Licence holder

    I've had FG for so LONG I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT!

    But I'm learning!

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    240
    While I appreciate your wanting to open it up to more than just FG and your comment about not wanting to compete with PEGs forums, a dedicated forum for SWO would still be beneficial to the community. There is no subforum dedicated to online play in PEG's forums and there is no subforum dedicated to SWEX here at FG. Wading through both existing forums to find info related to online play is not fun and while I'm aware of search functionality, it's not the same as having an actual forum dedicated to SWO. I already visit FG and PEG several times a week. I'm sure I'll check out the new SWO occassionally as well to see if there is anything useful, but without a forum, you will have to really churn out content to get repeat and frequent visits.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by mac40k
    While I appreciate your wanting to open it up to more than just FG and your comment about not wanting to compete with PEGs forums, a dedicated forum for SWO would still be beneficial to the community. There is no subforum dedicated to online play in PEG's forums and there is no subforum dedicated to SWEX here at FG. Wading through both existing forums to find info related to online play is not fun and while I'm aware of search functionality, it's not the same as having an actual forum dedicated to SWO. I already visit FG and PEG several times a week. I'm sure I'll check out the new SWO occassionally as well to see if there is anything useful, but without a forum, you will have to really churn out content to get repeat and frequent visits.
    We'll take your ideas under consideration Mac As you said, an online presence to discuss the online play aspects of Savage Worlds is a good idea.

    We have a number of ideas in the pipeline, so I'm sure we'll be able to keep the content flowing once we get into the groove.

    That all said - with the relaunch of SWO, what sorts of products/discussions would be of most use to you, the general public, with regards to Savage Worlds play online?
    Vincent Kingston
    [email protected]

  4. #4
    ddavison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,747
    Blog Entries
    16
    Take a look at Doswelk's recent video tutorials for Savage Worlds & Fantasy Grounds. I am sure he wouldn't mind cross-posting them there as well.

  5. #5

    Preview game or screenshots?

    On the SWO site there was some reference back in February of running a preview game for newcomers to Savage Worlds or FG. Any chance you might run again? I'm interested in checking out SW in an online game- from all indications its a nice system to run online given its streamlined design (from what I've read).

    If that can't be done, can someone post more screenshots of the ruleset and specifically, the modules in use? SW looks like it may be the most supported (offically anyway) of all the systems out there (beyond 3.5 anyay) and the idea of speeding game prep with out of the box modules and rules is appealing.
    Last edited by Talen; March 25th, 2010 at 23:02.

  6. #6
    Doswelk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    2,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen
    On the SWO site there was some reference back in February of running a preview game for newcomers to Savage Worlds or FG. Any chance you might run again? I'm interested in checking out SW in an online game- from all indications its a nice system to run online given its streamlined design (from what I've read).

    If that can't be done, can someone post more screenshots of the ruleset and specifically, the modules in use? SW looks like it may be the most supported (offically anyway) of all the systems out there (beyond 3.5 anyay) and the idea of speeding game prep with out of the box modules and rules is appealing.
    I've already posted my first attempts at tutorial videos, tomorrow I am focusing more on the GM side of things...

    I am also planning to record Next Tuesday's Game session, (though as we use Skype) the video will focus on mechanics rather than the story!

    I notice you are E.S.T. but anyone is always welcome to "sit" in on my table...

    I run a game every Tuesday 20:00 GMT (or B.S.T which it will be soon!), it's already an international group!

    (Although I do not have an Ultimate License so you will need to have already bought FGII)
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

    Yours are still on combat round 6

    Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

  7. #7
    I played SW for the first time last week and the only thing I can say is Woot!!

    Fast paced, exciting and fun packed! seriously everyone should try it once you'll be back.

  8. #8
    phantomwhale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,349
    A posted a couple of times on the SWO forums about offering help with or just plain keen interest on getting a Deadlands module created for FGII. It was something I had started to scope out on my own, and realised I would never have the solo effort to make it happen, but with the announcement of an official product, I was keen to get involved in whatever capacity possible.

    So I guess, with the dissolution of the SWO forums, I am slightly at a loss as where to go to follow this potential project. But glad someone is making use of the site otherwise, it was alas a litte stagnant.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by phantomwhale
    A posted a couple of times on the SWO forums about offering help with or just plain keen interest on getting a Deadlands module created for FGII. It was something I had started to scope out on my own, and realised I would never have the solo effort to make it happen, but with the announcement of an official product, I was keen to get involved in whatever capacity possible.

    So I guess, with the dissolution of the SWO forums, I am slightly at a loss as where to go to follow this potential project. But glad someone is making use of the site otherwise, it was alas a litte stagnant.
    We're in the process of implementing some new forums for SWO:Reincarnated. With regards to DL:Reloaded, since SmiteWorks took over all of DA's development efforts and licences, I would check with them with regards to assisting with the DL:Reloaded conversion...

    As I know the fellow who's currently working on the project, I can assure you that he would love some assistance with the project Doug/SmiteWorks may be able to point you in the right direction as far as contacting him
    Vincent Kingston
    [email protected]

  10. #10
    A quick update on the forums for Savage Worlds Online - they are now live!

    http://savageworldsonline.net/forum/
    Ultimate Licence holder

    I've had FG for so LONG I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT!

    But I'm learning!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in