FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Tenian, thank you for the suggestions. I've already successfully populated a non-module encounter to the CT, so I do know the functionality still works. I'll try creating a new module and see how that goes. I'll also try one of the other modules I've previously created, but haven't edited, and see if they still work.

DrZeuss, I'm sorry! I don't have a PM from you for some reason or I certainly would have responded! I'll see if I can drop you one with the db file momentarily. I do see where I dropped you a PM with my email addy on 3/26 - did you get that one? If not, you may not get the one I just sent you, either. *crosses fingers*
    Last edited by gmkieran; April 1st, 2010 at 14:45.

Blog Entries
    OK. Found the problem. Its to do with the way you have built the paths for the NPC tokens.

in your db.xml file you have token references as:

Code:
    <token type="token">tokens/gobolds_223.png@The Fall of Cambrilin Fields</token>
    and I assume you have placed your tokens in a subfolder called 'tokens', correct?

Try changing the path to include the name of the module, e.g:

Code:
    <token type="token">tokens/The Fall of Cambrilin Fields/gobolds_223.png@The Fall of Cambrilin </token>
    Now create a suubfolder under tokens and name it identically to the name of your extension (set in the definiton.xml file). In this case:

tokens/The Fall of Cambrilin Fields

Now move all of your tokens into the new tokens/The Fall of Cambrilin Fields subfolder and rezip your module making sure you include the definition.xml, db.xml the images subfolder and of course the tokens subfolder.

Load up FGII and try again. The changes above should fix the crashing issue.

I tried it out on a couple of your Encounters including 09 Assassin in the Maze. Once I had made the above changes and rebuilt the .mod file. I could drag NPCs individually to the CT or auto-populate using the Encounter button without FGII crashing.

Z.
    Last edited by Zeus; April 1st, 2010 at 22:17.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Ok, we have final resolution to this one, for anyone else who's run across it. Many, MANY thanks to JPG and DrZ for all their time on this one. Summary (tech details I'll leave to the experts): I changed the IDs in my module's db.xml file to avoid conflict with IDs I created in my master campaign. This was fine everywhere EXCEPT in the Powers entries of my NPCs; apparently FG specifically looks for "ID-######" there, but nowhere else. JPG came through with a patched combattracker.lua to fix the problem and DrZ built me an extension to use it effectively. Kudos to both of them for big-time Customer Service (tm)! JPG has also promised that this fix and several others related to module creation and function will be included in the next release.

Thanks, all!

That is great news for all of us.

- Obe
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Thread Information