DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 11 First 12345 ... Last
    Why don't we try to get up and running on OTTB content first. If it turns out we have a committed group, we can then look at making content.

I'd help with making content, but the I couldn't play it. Are you asking for a CoDM role to be filled? I have to get a couple of projects out of the office before I can start taking on other deadlines.

I agree that we should keep the discussion here. We can also cross post on other forums to generate more interest. A lively discussion will draw good players.

I've played in the Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms and Kalamar settings. Overall, they are mediocre. Homebrew campaigns are fine if they are already created. Otherwise, it is a lot of work to create imo. Instead, I would suggest a published campaign world to reduce the workload.

The campaign that fascinates me now is Midnight: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnig...laying_game%29

If you can envision a Middle Earth world where Sauron won, that is the world of Midnight. It has a very rich background with tons of compelling content. It is definitely a darker campaign that can go heroic / epic or gritty / desperate. Although the publisher stopped supporting it, the campaign world is now open license and there is a great fan site supporting it from which we can probably get more players or a GM:
    https://www.againsttheshadow.org/index.php?action=forum

Midnight is an absolutely fantastic game world that would offer us a GREAT setting for amazing gripping adventures on FG. Take a peak and see what you think:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnig...laying_game%29

Last edited by gm_spiral; March 6th, 2010 at 00:36.

From what I have read so far of the Midnight campaign setting, I would say that it definitely looks interesting and I would like to give it a shot. I like the large differences it entails based on most of the other campaign settings out there, and the magical restrictions it places. On the other hand, It is completely different then what I am used to and will take some time to become proficient in its use. That being said, I would probably go with the majority vote on the matter of which campaign setting we use. I am familiar enough with most of the more common ones to help our GM work up the plotline, and am very good at separating player knowledge from character knowledge. I also have the time and inclination to help out whenever needed pretty much, if given advance notice.
    As for the forum issue, we could keep our generic posts here on the FG forums and move our more in depth/involved posts to another forum to avoid confusion on here so new players/GM's could easily navigate through here and see what we are up to. This would also keep this thread "clutter free" so new people would not have to go through 50 pages of mindless banter, involved character concepts, questions involving the campaign setting we use, time restraints, etc. I know CPBS has one such forum we could all use, or Proboards is free and has a good setup.
    Feed me a kitten...

I agree with some of the last thoughts on keeping some of the most benign stuff somewhere else after things are rolling. It would still benefit us to show general progress, and maybe campaign direction here. Basically let others know it's still going. There are sure to be drop outs for one reason or another. Summer is coming.

I will read up on that campaign setting before I vote. I'm not particular except I could never get into the whole underdark thing. Playing an evil elf never worked for me. I'm naturally a goody good. Not the sparkling paladin type though. Anyhow, some generally well intensioned characters struggling or hiding in a world of evil sounds fun. Especially if it's a grey world and not so much good vs evil.

I followed the Darkness Falls SRD Link and noticed part of the URL was "leader desslock". Is that anything to do with the PC Gamer RPG reviewer? Is Desslock a common thing in any particular fantasy universe?

https://wiki.rpg.net/index.php/Midni...dnight_Setting

I thought this was a good wiki about the world.

I'm imagining a DM played NPC who is showing signs of magic ability whose group of friends have to try and hide him or seek help to "cure" him before he's hunted down. Not sure if that fits the world perfectly though.

Send Private messages to all the people interested

I dropped out for a week and I see this thread has grown nicely.
    Would you or anyone that's going to DM/host mind sending a private message to all the would-be players to try and get a more organized schedule together?
    Last edited by Dude; March 13th, 2010 at 20:41.
    Da DuDe

I was just looking at online RPG alternatives and came across Fantasy Grounds today (a huge improvement over WebRPG - which I used many years ago). I would love to start playing again - if you are still looking for players. I am open to GMing as well (once I get comfortable with FGII).

1. Preferred game system(s) - D&D 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 (I am fine with any)
    2. Your style of gameplay and experience - I also remember the red/blue D&D books and have been playing since they first came out
    3. Your comfortable level with FG - brand new (but doesn't look hard to learn)
    4. Your timezone (GMT -/+) - EST
    5. Preferred gaming frequency with FG (weekly? biweeky? monthly?) - weekly
    6. Preferred day and time (Day, Time) - Friday evenings after 9:00p EST, Saturdays after 9:00p EST
    7. Your age - 41
    8. Your profession - Oracle Database Administrator
    9. Writing and reading comfort level (English) - Fluent
    10. Your favorite books, games, video games, movies, and anything else you want to share to show your personality. - an avid golfer that still plays softball, I also have a collection of all the Forgotten Realms novels. I am a Salvatore fan also (but I prefer Breunor and Wulfgar to Drizzt) but I also love good thriller novel.

Let me know if you guys stuill have room for another player...

- Jhoebryn

Poking around online i find the Midnight first edition rules on rapidshare. I find second edition for ten bucks. Is this truely open source now? Which edition do we want? Happy to pay the author. Not happy to pay someone selling a public license.

I found they were having a sale at RPGNow for the 2nd edition book for Midnight and snagged it for $7.50. Ill take a look over it and post my thoughts during the week.
    AbacusForge - Blog
    Think - Develop - Build

Player:Yes Times: Contact Me

DM:Yes/Also willing to DM groups (PM me) Time: Contact Me

Rulesets: 3.5, Cthulhu

Thread Information