STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 11 First 1234 ... Last
    Agreed.
    Night?
    Time?
    Ruleset?
    Start Date?

Would some like to volunteer to be recognized as leadership? Obviously the GM, but I'm looking for some help getting reacquainted with PnP style play.

I may need someone on an OOC chat client to help with questions. Or is there a whisper to DM type feature in FG.

Sounds great!

I would prefer 3.5 D&D over any of the other rule sets. I am available pretty much any time after 5pm CST on Saturdays. As I don't have the GM client for FG, I can't be the leadership role per se... However, I can get with you sometime over Skype or Yahoo Messenger out of game, to get you reacquainted with everything. If you guys have any other questions or anything then please feel free to ask!

Looking forward to gaming with you guys,

-Jeremy
    Feed me a kitten...

I also have a website that I can host a forum for us to talk about setting up a time to play and to discuss about a future group. I also would prefer 3.5 as well, and as well Saturdays after 6:00pm CST are fine with me.
    AbacusForge - Blog
    Think - Develop - Build

Player:Yes Times: Contact Me

DM:Yes/Also willing to DM groups (PM me) Time: Contact Me

Rulesets: 3.5, Cthulhu

Do I have to buy the 3.5 rule set? (happy to do it)
    Where is that located?
    Can I get away with buying the lite FG?

If I get into this enough, it occurs to me that some of the software I own for architectural design could be adapted for maps. I suspect even Google Sketchup (read free 3d software for everyone) would work. It casts shadows and can view from above with parallel projection.

6pm CST is too early for me.
    In a perfect world, my wife puts the kids to bed at 8pm EST and I don't have to help that night, I could start with a minimum of domestic friction at 7pm CST/8 pm EST.

In a few weeks time, I'll be taking nine days away while in-laws visit.
    And I want to re-iterate that on Saturday, as opposed to a weeknight, I'm more likely to miss some games. I get little time to go out with the wife without the kids, and if that opportunity presents itself, I'll take it over gaming. I can offer to be more reliable on weeknights.

Oh, and I think we should start if we get three or four committed, provided one can GM.

Before we get too excited, we need a commitment from a person willing to GM. The GM is the focal point and really determines everything. As mentioned, I'm way to busy with RL and can not GM. If anyone out there reading is interested in a quality RP driven game, we would really welcome your participation.
    Last edited by gm_spiral; March 4th, 2010 at 22:57.

Didn't CPBS offer to GM?

Could a few of us meet through FG, decide on roles, roll characters, write bios and backstory? Understandably some of that will be directed by the GM and the campaign setting.

Would you guys plan roles like tank, MU, Healer, etc or just come to the table with whatever and see how it plays out even if it's unbalanced?

I am willing to DM/GM this group but I would also like to pass the mantel around the group after we have played together for a while. Now what type of game is everyone looking for? Do you want large storyline, epic plot twist, hard to kill monster, staying alive but the tips of your finger nails type of gameplay. Or do you like hack and slash, dungeon crawl type of gameplay?

Like I said earlier, I own a website in which we can move this discussion to or we can talk here, either or.

AbacusForge - Blog
    Think - Develop - Build

Compelling conversation here may lure others.

Provided I become familiar enough with the software and rule set, I'd be happy to create content and take a crack at the GM role, though I've never done it before (not really seriously, to the point where I'm taking responsibility for other people's entertainment... that's not the standard I hold the GM to, just how I feel, being somewhat paranoid schizophrenic).

Creating the content is particularly interesting to me though. I do, however have to get some current commitments out of the way before I decide to take on any non-money making deadlines. I would consider Co-DMing if that's possible, to be involved with content creating when I have the time to make that my hobby time.

What do I look for in a campaign? What makes it fun for me?

-"mental sparring": just throwing an idea out there and seeing what other minds do with it and how it evolves because of that process. That's really what we're all doing by RPing if you ask me.

-We all want to be an epic hero since we sit anonymously behind a computer monitor and push buttons to make someone else money all day. I'm usually satisfied to have one aspect of my character recognized by the plot. If we all have a small enough character trait they don't take over the storey, but our little individual contributions make the plot more personal, more meaningful, and more entertaining.

-I think game balance ideas that apply to Computer Gaming apply to this as well. It has to be a bit of a struggle or it's not rewarding. At the same time it can't be so hard it's hopeless or frustrating. Fortunately that's easy in a PnP setting. A human GM can nerf encounters if needed, or throw in some re-enforcements, or change the puzzle. A computer can't do that for a hard coded game.
    Last edited by Longrath; March 5th, 2010 at 15:13.

I would like to have someone help with creating a campaign, and if we are making a homebrew type of campaign, the more input from everyone that is playing would make it very interesting.

After a while as we keep it here, the page might get cluttered, so as we getting people to play, I would say that I could not host a game with more then 6 people. More then that it gets very complicated to DM/GM a game slows down with 6 different ideas on how they want the adventure to progress.

At some point we will need to bring this to another page, either the calender page or a website away from here, and point people to it if they are wanting to join.
    AbacusForge - Blog
    Think - Develop - Build

So, now it seems the question is, when would be a time to get together on CPBS' server and start making it happen.
    Feed me a kitten...

Thread Information