DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I will be doing as above. Send a mail to the support email address, including the DTRPG/RPGNOW order details. I'm sure someone from Smiteworks will respond quickly.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

I bought the C&C ruleset and I didn't get any notifications either (checked my spam folder as well).
    I can't find it in my history here or on DTRPG/RPGNow. Were there any other places it was sold that I might have snagged it from?
    DM: For reference sake, when a bad guys dies, I'll turn their token over. So an upside down 'A' or 'B' means it's a corpse.
    PC 1: So if we kill a 'M' is it reincarnated as a 'W'?
    PC 2: That damn 'O' just won't die!

Direct from Digital Adventures?
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Blog Entries
    I updated the product files on DriveThruRPG and RPGNow as well (just now) and sent an email to those customers who bought it there and have it set to allow emails. I have at least one email requesting that I send it for an order that was sent under Digital Adventures. I will look those up and respond individually as quickly as I can.

Thanks guys.

-Doug

I am in an active campaign using the C&C rules set. I received the e-mail notification that the rules set has been upgraded.

"After downloading the product, you can install the product by double-clicking the .msi file. The ruleset will install to a new directory, so your existing Castles & Crusades ruleset will still be available. To use the new features, you will need to create a new campaign."

I am confused - after installation, how will I be able to use the new rules set, with my current (older ruleset) campaign?

Thank you.

C.

I installed the new ruleset (backing up the old one) and it works fine. All of the extra things that I've put in the ruleset (chat window portraits, the Box, etc.) still work. The installation added the Rising Knight module and updated the Players Handbook.

Opened my existing campaigns directly to view the new PHB.
    I enjoy running Castles & Crusades. Current campaign(s) on hiatus.
    Willing to run one-shots for players who want to learn the ruleset. Feel free to contact me.

@ Crowley I thought the email was pretty clear.

when the new version of the ruleset installs, it does not overwrite the old version it installs it to a new folder. So the older version is still accessible to run older campaigns on (and to revert to if you don't like the changes or have problems with the new version).

The old version was called Castles_and_Crusades
    The new version is called Castles and Crusades

To use the new ruleset, you need to start a new campaign.

That said this is mainly to avoid the possibility of any conflicts. Theoretically there should be a good degree of compatibility between the two versions of the ruleset, and all older modules should automatically be accessible within the new version.

However, if you desperately want to use your old campaign with the new ruleset then the easiest thing to do is

1. Back up your campaign (before doing anything zip up the whole folder or copy it somewhere safe.)
    2. in the campaign folder you should find a file campaign.xml. open it up and change the ruleset name
    from Castles_and_Crusades to Castles and Crusades. save and exit.

when you load your campaign next it will be loaded into the new version.

Just remember that by doing this you are going against the sound advice of Smiteworks so any bugs or
    data loss it on your head..not theirs (or mine!)

@ Sakusammakko. The chat portraits and box are built into the new ruleset so should be there even if you have not modified the old ruleset previously.

Just to be clear to everybody, since it is probably unusual to have the possibility to have 2 versions of a ruleset running simultaneously.... If when your campaign loads you do not see a green desktop wallpaper with a white C&C logo on it then you have loaded your campaign in the old version...
    Last edited by Sorcerer; November 10th, 2010 at 12:24.

Thread Information