STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Castles and Crusades - updated Ruleset?

Hi All,

I recently purchased Fantasy Grounds 2 and the Castles and crusades ruleset. When I brought up the library players handbook, I noticed that it was not the latest version of the C&C rules.

Is this being updated somewhere? Can I update it?

I am pretty new to FG2, and I would like to have the latest version of the rules incorporated in the ruleset.

Thanks in advance,

Eric

I run my game using C&C and some of my players have bought the ruleset, though they don't strictly need to to play.

The ruleset hasn't been updated for the latest printings of the PHB and M&T and I somehow doubt they will be anytime soon. There weren't significant changes to the rules (Monk, Barbarian, Illusionist spells), so the current ruleset is 95% complete.

I find that in practice I haven't needed the new printing's info in the FGII ruleset. I bought a pdf of the new version so I know what's in it.

I think you'll be fine. If you have any more C&C on FGII questions, let me know.
    I enjoy running Castles & Crusades. Current campaign(s) on hiatus.
    Willing to run one-shots for players who want to learn the ruleset. Feel free to contact me.

The key word that Sakusammakko used is latest printing. This isn't a new edition so the rules haven't changed, just some adjustment to the a few of the classes, fixing errata, etc. Below is the link to the PDF document outlining the changes to the M&T and the PHB for the 3rd and 4th printing respectively. That way if you want, you can create update for your own game by creating a module for it.

Castles & Crusades 3rd Edition Monsters & Treasure Errata and 4th Printing Players Handbook Errata

Hope this helps!
    Fantasy Grounds II Ultimate License Holder
    Castles & Crusades Ruleset
    Savage Worlds Deluxe Ruleset
    Mutants & Masterminds 3e Ruleset
    Dungeons & Dragons 5e Ruleset
    Pathfinder 1e Ruleset
    Dungeons & Dragons Classics - AD&D 1e/2e Ruleset
    Dungeon Crawl Classics Ruleset
    Swords & Wizardry Ruleset

Currently Running: S&W Complete (Blackscale Lagoon)

Blog Entries
    The ruleset has just been updated and an email link was sent to everyone who purchased it. It includes bug-fixes, a new skin and the 4th printing changes. Thanks to Alan Neilson for all his efforts on this. If you like what you see, take a look at the other recent conversions for C&C done be Alan.

-Doug

New Ruleset - didnt get the link

Hi All,

I am an official purchaser of the castles and crusades ruleset, and I did not recieve my link to download the updated version.

Perhaps it got sent to spam and I didnt notice it.

Please resend: [email protected]

Thanks,

Eric Hendershott

Blog Entries
    If the email got marked as spam or you did not receive it, you can also select it from your order history. The Order History link is on the bottom of the store page.

-Doug

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison
    The ruleset has just been updated and an email link was sent to everyone who purchased it. It includes bug-fixes, a new skin and the 4th printing changes. Thanks to Alan Neilson for all his efforts on this. If you like what you see, take a look at the other recent conversions for C&C done be Alan.

-Doug
    Woohoo! Sounds like an excuse to make a new purchase.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Doug,

Is it possible that those of us who bought the C&C ruleset from Digital Adventures a couple of years ago wouldn't have this info showing in our order history?

That appears to be my case. The licenses are in my history, but nothing else. I can find my original order receipt and email it to you if necessary.
    I enjoy running Castles & Crusades. Current campaign(s) on hiatus.
    Willing to run one-shots for players who want to learn the ruleset. Feel free to contact me.

I too haven't received notification, and C&C is not in my Smiteworks order history. Time to dig out the original order email and send on to the support email address ([email protected]). It could be due to buying through DriveThruRPG?
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Bought Thru RPGNOW

Hi Again,

I have confirmed that I bought the ruleset through RPGNOW (DRIVETHRURPG).

Are there plans to allow their customers to receive this update to the ruleset?

Thanks,

Eric

Thread Information