DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

4E Ruleset Question

Is there any way to have powers which deal weapon damage automatically change the damage based upon what weapon you have equipped in slot 1 or 2 or whatever? It is annoying to have to go back and redo powers reliant on weapon damage every time a character gets a new type of weapon.

Its been awhile since I used the ruleset but there should be a default weapon/implement box on the powers sheet that does just that. Then if the the power has a [W] in the damage instead of a die then it will use the corresponding weapon damage for that weapon slot.

Hmm, it appears to work that way only if clicked from the text of the power, although the bonus dmg from abilities is not applied when done this way.
    Last edited by Desmodaeus; February 13th, 2010 at 15:45.

Blog Entries
    Desmodaeus - Joshua is indeed correct. Check out the Default Weapon field in the Powers tab of the charsheet (not the mini version). Here you can set the default weapon for all weapon based powers. The default Implement field applies a default implement to all powers with an implement based attack.

In addition you can override the default weapon under each power that has a weapon based attack by setting the weapon number field (Wpn: ) to the weapon of your choice. The weapon numbers are referenced from the Weapons/Implement table in the Combat tab of the charsheet.

You can also override the default implement under each power by changing its Imp: field.

In either case if the Weap: and Imp: fields for a power are empty. The ruleset will apply default weapon/implement (if populated).
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

I must be doing something wrong because it is not working in this way for me. I have the desired weapon in slot 1 of the combat tab. I then set the default weapon to "1" on the powers page. Yet the damage field remains empty and when clicked it posts a zero.

If I click in the text of the power for damage, it will roll the correct weapon's damage but does not add the bonuses from the ability. Example: It will roll 1d10, but not 1d10 + Str mod
    Last edited by Desmodaeus; February 13th, 2010 at 15:59.

Blog Entries
    Can you post a screenshot of the affected Power on the Power tab of the main charactersheet. Lets make sure the Power has been setup correctly.

Q: Which version of the 4E ruleset are you using, the latest test release?
    Q: Was this a power dragged from a rulebook module or a manually created one?
    Last edited by Zeus; February 13th, 2010 at 16:21.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates

Ah, I got it. There was no space in between the +Dex modifier of the damage text. I guess the code is finicky about that. If I double click the text now it works. Just wish there was a way it could work within the mini section of the character sheet.

Also, yes I have the latest version of the ruleset. and the text was pasted from a pdf of the PHB.
    Last edited by Desmodaeus; February 13th, 2010 at 16:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmodaeus
    Also, yes I have the latest version of the ruleset. and the text was pasted from a pdf of the PHB.
    I've found that you have to really check anything you copy out of a PDF due to the carriage returns not registering in FG. For example, in your screen shot, it shows "yourWisdom" instead of "your Wisdom".

I found this in the Pathfinder PDFs as well. The "best" way is to use XPDF, but there are also issues with that (like none of the numbers showing in a stat block, grr!).

Blog Entries
    Desmodaeus - You are clicking on the attack text in the description field of the power to make an attack yes?

Why not populate the attack/damage fields - accessible from the little sword icon next to the source field.

See my screenshot as an example.

Once populated (correctly) you can drag the attack and damage fields (drag will change to die) and drop them onto another combat tracker entry to make an attack or apply damage.

The attack/damage die will appear on the mini sheet allowing you to make attacks/damage rolls from there too.

Also you might want to look at the 4EParser (https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/com...0-4eparser4020

Its a tool that allows you to parse PDF rulebooks into useable 4E modules for FGII. In addition if you have a DDI account you can use the tool to automatically download all PHB powers from the Compendium into ready to parser text files. The text files can then be compiled into a module to give you a PHB reference directly within FGII.
    Last edited by Zeus; February 13th, 2010 at 17:32.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:

Hmm, maybe I don't have the latest version of the ruleset because I do not have the option to do that. I thought I did. If I change it to the latest will I have to redo everything for all my players again?

Thread Information