DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123

I have all the 3.5 books are the 4e basically the same, or are they drastically different?

PS.

was trying to get into pathfinder, have all those books to. Anyways, gonna fire up FG and look at the different classes... Let me know if you fg is up and what not and ill connect.

Do i need to get the 4e_jpg license, and how are you going to manage charactors, or are you just going to use 3.5?
    Last edited by loafkill; February 13th, 2010 at 02:14.

4E is completely different and new rules.

Yes, 4E is altogether different in almost every way than 3.5 though both have their merits. I went from being a hardcore 3.5 pathfinder guy to actually loving 4E now. It's really all about what you do with a system that makes it good or bad. D&D has always been meant to be flexible and I think too many people are afraid to experiment or do anything other than "exactly as the book says" and it is why they can't enjoy it. I've heard lots of complaints actually about how you cannot roleplay in 4E which I think is hilarious. How do game rules in any way affect rp? We've had some amazing rp experiences in 4E and I hope to have many more.

i've not played since 2.5, and i was really shocked at 4e last night when i was setting up a character, but i'm willing to give it a try.

I am extremely interested in joining up with you guys.

I'm new to D&D in general. Bought the 2nd edition books long ago and poured over them, tried DMing a few sessions but my friends at the time just weren't that interested. The Penny Arcade D&D podcast and Robot Chicken video's have since stirred my interest and have ordered the players handbooks (should be delivered monday) Already poured over the free quick start rules on D&D as well as created a handful of characters in the character creator.

If you wouldn't mind someone new to the game I would love to join you. Looks as if you have cleric, ranger, and possibly a wizard. Sounds like you need a fighter so thats what I plan on doing.

My only concern is what time on Mondays. Don't think I've seen it posted. I'm in the EST time zone. 7 PM would be ideal start time for me, could possibly squeeze it in earlier.

Let me know if this works for you. Thanks!

Edit: Just noticed the other thread. Sunday is a no-go, unfortunately.
    Last edited by KSchade; February 14th, 2010 at 11:12.

Thread Information