DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last

Thread: Call of Cthulhu

With overflowing interest in groups #1 and #2, I am officially opening up my third group.

Game time will be Friday nights 9:30pm to midnight (central USA) time.

Perfect for the west coasters.

All three groups will be able to interact (sort of).... selling goods to each other and swapping stories. I will have an overarching campaign theme that the events from one group WILL affect the others. Should be fun.

I am open to a bit more experience CoC players for this group but newbies are welcome. However, if you have played before you need to let me know what modules you have run or played so I can make sure I modify things enough to make it fun for you.

Cheers... amazing interest in Call of Cthulhu...

i'm interested. What rulebook would I need to buy?

no rulebook is needed.

I have the Call of Cthulhu ruleset from FG2 which includes just about everything we need. I added some house rules and additional content and everything is accessible through FG2.

I also have an ultimate license so if you are unlicensed that is OK. Although I have noticed that most people end up buying full licenses to run their own games after being exposed to FG2.

I will drop you a PM.

I think we are down to four open slots for the Friday 9:30-midnight CST game.

We are up to 15 confirmed PCs spread across all three groups.

They go fast...

good deal, money is tight right now so if I didn't have to buy another rulebook that would be cool.

Thanks for keeping me in mind for this. I'd like to run my own game soon and I look forward to seeing how the pro's use this for their own games.

Check your personal messages.

If you like Call of Cthulhu, the 6th edition rulebook is nice. I like the game mechanics and that is what we will use mainly because it was what came with the ruleset here in FG2.

The d20 version (I think Monte Cook either wrote it or co-authored it) is very nice as well.

But on a tight budget, no books are truly necessary... although everyone eventually buys them if for no other reason than to run a game with their friends.

Hey everyone, with over a dozen characters complete, and two groups in motion, I am attempting to get group #3 filled out to uquickly.

If you are looking for a good roleplaying experience, check out Call of Cthulhu. It is easy to play, fun to roleplay and with three separate groups trying to unravel a grand evil plot to unleash sdjsdfkjvidvvvvvvv <static>

The latest update is that we now have two very full groups for Wed and Friday 7pm CDT and are about half way to our mark for a Friday 9:30pm CDT group. We will be creating characters tomorrow night at 9:30 CDT - midnight CDT so if anyone wants in please be sure to join fast...

I am accepting any skill level with Cthulhu for this group. I just need to know what material you have read. played or own so that I can make this challenging for the grizzled experts out there while enabling some newer players to come up to speed.

Also this group will be run using Skype / headsets mostly. The earlier Friday group opted to go text and after running that for a couple hours I will be burned out of typing.... plus with a more experienced group I wont have everything uploaded and scripted for adventures.

Cheers.

Great game so far. Group #2 as it's been mentioned - is mostly text based. This format is working well so far as the out of character banter is kept to skype and we focus on in character stuff through text, which (in my opinion) helps to focus the imagination and avoid going off the rails too much.

We're about to embark on our first investigation. We got off to a late start and were short a couple of players (one turned up later due to timezone confusion and another couldn't make it due to personal reasons)

If any of you get a chance to join in on one of these games, the GM clearly has a lot of experience and is good at keeping groups focussed on their goal. Also put in a lot of preperation work for a good gaming experience - which has gone down a treat and is really appreciated. These games are focussed around roleplaying and dialogue for the most part, making it absolutely necessary to pay attention to the plot and dialogue - which is a refreshing change from hack and slash.

Highlights of our introductory game so far have been:

* All the intellectually orientated players failing miserably to be intelligent, while our Japanese sumo counterpart succeeded in every intelligence based task you could imagine.

* Some rather unique approaches to bartering with NPCs to get our investigators paid. I really do mean unique.

Really looking forward to this plot unfolding. Already got my eye on a shifty seeming NPC...

man... sounds awesome
    Last edited by marcus_egan; April 4th, 2010 at 05:50.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus_egan
    man... I wish I hadn't withdrawn. The other game I thought was going on hasn't
    materialized. Are there open spots left GM?
    About your original reply (I got the email notification) - might be worth dropping the GM a line (via pm) to see if you can get in still. As I say we had a couple of no-showers, though we still managed to get a full group. Certainly worth asking anyway

Thread Information