FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last

4E Ruleset v2.0 Coming to Test

Hello to all the brave souls who like to test the latest and greatest. On Jan. 28, I made the 4E v2.0 ruleset available on the test version of FG. I'd like to let a few of the braver souls have a chance to look through the ruleset to catch any last minute issues before releasing to the general public.

As part of the update, the launcher has been modified to allow you to convert your 4E_JPG campaigns to the recently renamed 4E ruleset with the click of a button on the Load Campaigns screen. However, the conversion is one-way. If you want to change it back, then you will need to modify the campaign.xml file in your campaigns directory manually.

If you need to access the Test Mode Manager tool, information can be found in this thread.

Here is a link to the release notes.

Original Test Release - Jan. 26
    Latest Test Release - Feb. 2

Cheers,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; February 2nd, 2010 at 21:53.

I have a game on Friday so I'd be happy to try it and let you know if we find anything. I've heard good things about the v2.0 and want to thank you for all the hard work.

While I don't have any games planned atm - once I get my FG updated proper, I'd be willing to have a lookee over it (as I hope to get back into 4E online, and FG in particular).

I'll check out the thread you name above to get more info
    Vincent Kingston
    [email protected]

The 4E ruleset has been moved to the Test Mode for Fantasy Grounds.

Please report any issues that you find to this thread. Release notes to come.

Cheers,
    JPG

Moved this thread from publishers forum to test forum where it belongs. v2.0 ruleset release notes are in the works (taking a little more time than I thought to organize).

JPG

Original post updated with release notes.

Blog Entries
    moon_wizard - a couple of minor things I have noticed whilst setting up ahead of my usual Friday night game tonight.

1) The new convert to 4E feature for rulesets doesn't make the conversion permanent until the first time the ruleset is started and then shutdown. Consequently as soon as I convert an older ruleset to the new 4E version, extensions for 4E are not listed but older 4E_JPG extensions are. 4E extensions only appear once you have started the converted campaign and returned to the launcher. Its not a big deal as long as you remember to disable any older extensions, start your campaign once and return to the launcher.

2) The Die Tower icon/panel on the desktop glitches down and to the right when you hover a die over the tower. Seems to be the same in all themes so I suspect the dicetower_drop image is mis-bound/positioned by a couple of pixels.

3) The Notes windowlist tab_title image seems to render at a smaller scale than on the other book windowlists. Looking at the graphic files title_notes.png seems to be much larger than its counterparts (111x661 vs 30x177) not sure what happened there as I thought I had created them all at the same size. I will re-send on a modified notes tab image shortly.

4) Player Name labels under the Portraits on the desktop clip slightly on the lower edge.

Also I had to re-drop PC/NPC's in to the CT (of the newly converted campaign) to refresh entries. I'm guessing some users might also have to? Not sure.
    Last edited by Zeus; January 29th, 2010 at 13:53.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Loaded it and just goofed a bit. This looks great and the robust effects are a godsend.

I'll actually play it this weekend. Will my players have to do the test mode thing too, since only the ruleset is changing?

In the "Modifiers" window,
    • When typing in a new "Modifier", the tails on the fonts are cut off. For example, "Flanking" looks more like "Flanko"
    • Also, If the player has the "Modifier" window open and the GM adds a new Modifier, the blank record is visible. If the GM switches it to "GM" from "VSBL", it still shows in the Player view. However, if you change the value of the modifier, they cannot see the new value until another new item is created, but still visible even in "GM".

In the GM Combat Tracker,

• When using the Extended Rest, the monsters don't heal themselves.
    • The Wounds reflects some odd behavior, not sure if this is expected. After adding enemies through the "Encounter" context, the scrolling through the Wounds (CTRL and Scroll Wheel, not clicking on the Wound cell) works as expected (colors change when you hit the thresholds of bloody and dying, Player tracker is updated onScroll). However, if you go back to the character and click on the Wound cell then scroll again, the colors do not change when you hit the thresholds. You need to click on the Wounds to "register" the colors. Clicking on the cell updates the Player's tracker. Typing the number in works normally.

For "Options",
    • I had the AutoRoll NPC Initiative set to "On" and moving them from the Encounter context did not roll the Initiative. Moving them individually from the Encounter context did not populate an Initiative either. The "Add NPCs to Combat Tracker" did not populate the Initiative. However, the Group did work correctly in all situations.

If you need screen shots or clarifications, let me know.

I'd also like to say, great work!

Thanks for the feedback so far.

Zephp, I was able to clean up all the items you noted, though I'm not sure why you had to re-drop the CT entries other than to reset the attacks for NPCs.

tdewitt274,
    * Modifier font cutoff. I'm not seeing the fonts getting cut off on my end. Are you using one of the themes? Or can you send me a screenshot?
    * Modifier visibility. You caught an interesting bug related to buttons with states and shared windows. I'll need to work a little on this one.
    * NPC resting. It's on the wish list for a future version of the ruleset.
    * Mouse wheel and wound coloration. Got it.
    * Auto-roll NPC initiative set to On, and not working. Got it.

Thanks,
    JPG

Thread Information