STAR TREK 2d20

New and looking for DnD group

Hello, all.

Erm, recently I've been reading a lot of DnD Forgotten Realms sourcebooks and binging on Baldur's Gate. Unfortunately, that only sustains me so long.

So now I'd like to make my first foray into role-playing. I'm looking for a group who won't mind me taking some time to learn the ropes. I already have some background in FR and DnD so I'd feel most comfortable with that setting (3.5e or 4e, or even 2e really), and ideally whatever group I join will at least have some emphasis on role-play versus battle (not that I really know what the norm is, anyway...).

I don't really need hand-holding, but the fact is that I've never RPed before and I don't want to join some group of seasoned players and totally ruin their experience with my lack thereof.

As for schedule, I'm available way too often for my own good (Eastern Timezone).

And...yup. Thanks for reading my too-long post.

A lack of experience is unlikely to ruin someone else's game; everyone has to start somewhere. If nothing else, you can take Wisdom as your dump stat and chalk up your mistakes to good role playing .

Blog Entries
    Kepster - perhaps yuo could post what times you are avalable to play. I am tryng to kickstart a game 3.5 edition but it runs 8:30pm - midnight SYDNEY(GMT+10) time

Kepster:

I have an ongoing game on Saturday, set in the Forgotten Realms, on Saturday afternoons, 1pm - 5pm EST, (sometimes 6pm) that has room for you. One of my other players was new to D&D as well (I met him through an MMO) and I've helped introduce a lot of people to the medium.

The campaign takes place using 4E rules and is occurring along the Sword Coast and Baldur's Gate. The plotline revolves around an unhappy Sylvanus and his focused wrath against the civilized areas of the Sword Coast for some (at this time) undiscovered affront.

If you (or anyone else) is interested in this campaign, please PM me and we will arrange an interview/introduction. There is room for 2.

Cheers.

@ Trevorgall: I'm available all day on weekends, mornings-3PM on Tuesday and Thursday, and after 3PM on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays (EST). You mentioned the time of the game, but not the day, so I'm not sure whether I'll be available for your group.

@ romalmb: Sounds fun! I've PMed you.

Thanks for the quick responses!
    Last edited by Kepster; January 19th, 2010 at 09:59.

@romalmb: I've also PMed you; while I'm living in GMT, that's early enough that I can still make it.

Thread Information