5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Looking for game

I'm willing to play most systems, though I'd prefer to avoid D&D 3.5 (Pathfinder and 4e, however, are perfectly fine). I'm in the GMT time zone, though my online times are fairly flexible.

You may like to have a look at the Google groups below if they fit with your availability. We tend to play a number of different systems, determining what to go to next when the current scenario finishes. Currently, there's a Mouse Guard game running on Friday night and a Call of Cthulhu: Dark Ages game running on Sunday night.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Well, I've applied for membership on both; 8-11pm is great. Thanks for that.

Let me know if you're up for some GURPS 4e. I run the occasional one-shot, and am toying with kicking off some GURPS Traveller, either Interstellar Wars era or a return to the Classic adventures updated for GURPS.

Or maybe some Vorkosigan Saga...

Or...

Hmm...

Spyke
    Free GURPS tools for Fantasy Grounds at www.spyke.me.

By all means let me know when you're running something; I don't get much chance to play GURPS; people seem to think it's too complicated .

Wow. I have never heard too complicated and GURPS used in the same sentence before. Its actually how I got a new people hooked on RPGs in the past.

I can't understand it either. It's one of the simplest systems I've ever come across. Maybe it's because people are used to the rigidity of D&D classes, and aren't preprepared for just how much freedom they're given in character creation.

When new players are faced with the huge diversity of possibilities for character creation in GURPS they can be overwhelmed. The system also has optional rules for just about any situation imaginable. It's hard for new players, particularly those crossing over from D&D for some reason, to see through this to the fact that 99% of it is optional.

The core system is simplicity itself, with most of the number-crunching done up front during character creation. For that reason, when introducing new players I like to hand out pre-generated characters.

GURPS Lite is also a great introduction, at 32 pages, and is full-featured enough for many people to use as the core system for their games.

(Steps off soap box and grins sheepishly.)

Spyke

I use the Gurps Character Assistant Program to handle the number crunching. Chargen is the only part that I find difficult (mostly cause I have to use my fingers and toes to add 2+2). After that....it's a cinch.

/wants to join one of Spyke's games as well, time difference sucks :b
    DM: For reference sake, when a bad guys dies, I'll turn their token over. So an upside down 'A' or 'B' means it's a corpse.
    PC 1: So if we kill a 'M' is it reincarnated as a 'W'?
    PC 2: That damn 'O' just won't die!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_h
    /wants to join one of Spyke's games as well, time difference sucks :b
    Weekends might be possible...

I need to see how 2010 shapes up. But since Foen made his Traveller skin, I'm itching to try it out!

I've also got a hankering to work through the original Classic Traveller Spinward Marches material (converted to GURPS) for those that have never encountered it. I've read it all, but only played a fraction of it.

Spyke

Thread Information