FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... Last

New D&d 3.5 Game on Wednesday

Hey all I'm Relatively new to FG but I've gone over the GM stuff and I'm ready to try and Run my First game on it. I ask any that do join the game be a little understanding if my maps kins of suck or I dont know what I'm doing all the time.

I'll be running D&d 3.5, allowing all the hardcover 3.5 books except Book of Nine Swords.

I'll be running my campaign in a world my friend made, though lots of stuff is ad hoked.

Characters will start at level 2 (1000xp) 900gp each, and can gave a level adjustment of one. I'd rather not have anyone make anything too cheesy because I'd like to keep all the players on the same level.

Your allowed 2 flaws, If you don't like the ones in the book you have to run the ones you want by me and I'll accept/debate changes but you don't need to take flaws if you don't want to.

During play time I'd like to use Skype for an online talking to each other as well as the FG chat for IC talk. keeps the chat in FG lot cleaner.

Running time will be every Wednesday starting at 5pm my time till probably 10 or 11pm if the group last that long.

I'd like to warn players that if they make powerful Pc's with strange and obscure feats or abilities, I'll look them up and might end up using them against the party as well.

House rule about Gaining Feats is that you gain one every odd level instead every level divisible by 3 after 1.

I'll be rolling the Ability scores for all the plays with the same dice. 4d6 remove lowest you place them as you wish.

If you have questions ask them here though if you want to know about the world history and stuff send me a private message on here and I'll set it to you.

*froths at mouth* D&D game, rawr.

I'm game but what time zone are you in?

I'm in the EST time zone. which means its 8:12 pm right now when I post this

I was hoping you were PST. I wouldn't be able to start at 5 pm EST so I guess that leaves me out.

Thanks anyway

Hmm, that's in the morning for me, i can totally make this.

Humm this sounds interesting. You get to roll the stats for us? Are there any re-rolling posibilities and such? Also do you have any takers yet to know what the party might have? How far do you plan on taking the campaign? Would it be ok if people can't make it right on time at 5pm, I don't get off work until 4:30?

So far I've only been approched by Johan about Characters. I wont be rerolling the stats I give you (though I'll probably trash anything thats really low in my mind) I plan on taking the campaign through what ever it gets to. If you all like the game and finish the first story arc I'll let the players continue on and start the next arc.

I'll expect that even the people that arrive at 5pm will be talking and such and we wont start the actual game until 5:30-6pm so if your ready to start right away when you show up then you should be fine. As long as you dont chat it up and retard our game more.

well I might be interested depending on party make-up and such.

4d6 drop lowest usually results in alright stats, iirc statistically it actually results in slightly more powerful characters than point buy, so unless you're pretty unlucky it should be fine. Character balance in 3.5 is already all over the place, a few extra stat points won't make much of a difference.

My only question is on sourcebooks; when you say all hardcover books, does that include setting specific stuff? I've been poking at the Artificer class a fair bit lately, and would be interesting in playing one.

Thread Information