5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Blog Entries
    Goodman Games have been pretty muted/low-key about Dungeon Crawl Classics. leozelig has done a very fine job with his community DCC ruleset but had a dissapointing reposne from GG from what I understand...

I have news for you. I already have plans to make this my next ruleset.

Unlike others that may have failed you. I won't. I didn't drop the ball with the AD&D ruleset. I won't fail here. In fact, as the rules of MA are simpler, it should be a much easier project compared to what I had to do for AD&D.

I just need to decide whether it should be layered on C&C like I did with AD&D, on 3.5, or possibly it could be just an extension to my existing ruleset that reskins and moves some stuff around. Need to study the MA rules a bit more and then consider the options.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

32 pages plus the errata that was in dragon. I can help with some data entry. One Goodman Games release has all the errata & supplemental magazine articles. Tghey are still doing stuff for the old 1st edition version and have the current rights.

Mutations would be done as Spells, but with less detail.

Have you looked at modifying More Core?

I will be able to do the ruleset. I don't know about any of the manuals. James Ward might be cool about it, don't know, but he has always seemed cool, but Goodman Games might have a say in that and from what people tell me, they aren't.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

Hi All!

I've been off the forums for a while and just came back, with the release of FG II for OS X.

I worked with Jim Ward to bring MA1e back to print on Lulu and via DriveThru, and to publish the first official adventure module for the game. I know Jim still owns all the rights to the 32 page book, and wrote to Jim to see if he'd be interested in seeing this happen. I also raised the prospect of seeing if Mr Goodman of Goodman Games might be interested in doing this for his company's MA products.

It costs nothing to ask.

Regards,

Craig J. Brain

Hi Damned,

The base mechanic is 3d6. Abilities are rolled using 3d6, combat is run using 3d6 on a matrix of Weapon Class vs Armor Class, and ability checks are done against the relevant matrix using 3d6.

Damned,

The game relies on a lot of tables, including some special tables for individual weapons. Some weapons do less or more damage because of the size of the target as well.

Blog Entries
    I suspect Damned asked that as a little bit of a leading question. Instead of making a ruleset, have you considered using MoreCore? You could then make content/modules for all the lookup tables and even a graphical theme.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

LordEntrails,

I'll take a look at MoreCore. I had not considered it at all.

Thanks,

Craig

Thread Information