FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Maps as Tokens

Two additional Layers would be a great help. e.g. lowest Layer is the Picture itself, then comes the Grid Layer. After that the Drawing Layer, then there are Layers low, middle and Top Token Layer and finally the Masked layer.
    If the Tokenlayers have general Attibutes linked to them it would be really great.
    Gneneral Attributes for the Layers:
    1. Visibility - 4 Visibilities: 1. Allways Visible (everything is always Visible), 2. Mask senitive, 3. Invisible. 4. Token sensitive
    2. Objects - 4 States: 1. Not movable 2. Move by GM 3.Move Request by Player 4. Move by Player

If you can Rightclick on the Tokens to move them from Layer to Layer It would be wonderful. Also the GM should be able to choose on what Layer he can insert the Tokens. That way most of the Problems are solved. I dont know intensive it would be to implement, but it would be really great.

Fenloh
    P.S.: Sorry for the bad english, if there is a part that is not understandable, page me and Ill change ist asap

Edit: and Oh, it would be great if you can set the Size of a Token on Placement, not only when Placed via Combat Tracker, or is there already a possibility to resize them?
    Last edited by Fenloh; March 13th, 2010 at 04:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenloh
    Two additional Layers would be a great help. e.g. lowest Layer is the Picture itself, then comes the Grid Layer. After that the Drawing Layer, then there are Layers low, middle and Top Token Layer and finally the Masked layer.
    If the Tokenlayers have general Attibutes linked to them it would be really great.
    Gneneral Attributes for the Layers:
    1. Visibility - 4 Visibilities: 1. Allways Visible (everything is always Visible), 2. Mask senitive, 3. Invisible. 4. Token sensitive
    2. Objects - 3 States: 1. Not movable 2. Move by GM 3.Move Request by Player 4. Move by Player

If you can Rightclick on the Tokens to move them from Layer to Layer It would be wonderful. Also the GM should be able to choose on what Layer he can insert the Tokens. That way most of the Problems are solved. I dont know intensive it would be to implement, but it would be really great.

Fenloh
    P.S.: Sorry for the bad english, if there is a part that is not understandable, page me and Ill change ist asap

Edit: and Oh, it would be great if you can set the Size of a Token on Placement, not only when Placed via Combat Tracker, or is there already a possibility to resize them?
    I'm on for multiple layers, just as long as FG2 people can think of some easy "real world" metaphor for it. One of the strengths I think is the simplicity of the system, or at least how it models an actual table top.

If you're not careful you could end up with a system that looks like maptools:P Great app that, but I do wonder sometimes if its just limited to computer geeks.

[QUOTE=BruntFCA]I'm on for multiple layers, just as long as FG2 people can think of some easy "real world" metaphor for it. One of the strengths I think is the simplicity of the system, or at least how it models an actual table top.
    [QUOTE]

I think if they went with a "Sim City" type of interface, that would work well. You have a "widget" that lets you select "Underground", "Zoning" and "Normal" in the game. This could easily be your "Map", "Administration" (effects, props, etc), and "Token".

I too would love to see a map layer system.

You might want to check out my post in the Armory. It enables two-layer maps and should work with dungeon tiles and placeables.

Foen

Thread Information