STAR TREK 2d20
Page 12 of 44 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    I'm not aware of a guide per se, however there are a few threads with useful information.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ead.php?t=6803 and
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=12643

A quick search on 'wine' will reveal quite a few more. Was there something specific you were after? The install is straightforward enough.

Here's a quick install guide using Crossover Mac Standard v9.0.1 (assumes you have already downloaded CrossOver and the FGII setup exe.

1) Install CrossOver on your Mac (follow the prompts).
    2) Once installed, Open CrossOver.app from your Applications folder
    3) Once opened, from the CrossOver Menubar select Configure->Install Software.
    4) The CrossOver Software Installer form/window will now open. In the list of all applications (at the top) scroll all the way to the bottom and select Unsupported Applications->Other Application
    5) Click the Select button on the right hand side of the 'Select an Installer' frame
    6) Double Click the 'Choose Installer File' option
    7) Navigate to and select the FGII setup executable.
    8) Next Click the Edit button on the right hand side of the 'Will install into a new winxp bottle 'Other Application' frame
    9) Now either select an existing Compatible bottle or create a new one (note the name you can label it with). Also note that you can choose most Windows OS for the Bottle type, I tend to use the latest Windows 7 but XP and Vista will both work.
    10) That's it, click Install and wait for the FGII Setup dialog to appear.

From here on in you just follow the normal setup for FGII with the exception you need to check the checkbox for Linux & Mac compatibility. Apply your license code and your good to go.

Once completed, you can start FGII in a vareity of ways:

i) Using the CrossOver Programs Menu
    ii) From the Finder (<user>/Applications/CrossOver or <user>/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles)
    iii) From the command line using the command 'wine'

TIP: For middle button mouse support on a new Apple Magic Mouse, do a search on Google for 'MagicPrefs OSX'.
    Last edited by Zeus; August 25th, 2010 at 13:02.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Quote Originally Posted by MurghBpurn
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor1971
    I'm interested in doing the conversion of Reality Blurs Realm of Cthulu for Savage Worlds. Would like to know if you'd had any previous dealings with this company before trying to reach out to them.
    I started doing this when rulesets were handled by Digital Adventures, communication with Reality Blurs were poor at best, so it never got finished.
    Checking my modules I have a finished Players Section, ie up to and including page 34.

Previously: MurghBpurn

Please excuse me for interjecting and excuse if I'm being technically ignorant, referring to Valarians MGT ruleset, it should be fairly easy for someone to port the code from the CT ruleset into the combat tracker to add some functionality to for MGT, the same 3 stats are used for damage and the basic mechanics used in the two systems are very similar. I doubt very much modification would be needed.

The MGT SRD is available here:

https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/pdf/travdevpack.zip

It should give an idea of the relatively minor differences between CT and MGT.

Edit: A personalities section wouldn't be to difficult as well.

MGT has been referred to as CT 2.0
    Last edited by Jericho; September 25th, 2010 at 20:32.

Sorry, a better way of describing what I intended to say is that the Classic Traveller ruleset would require very little modification to adapt it to Mongoose Traveller, the rule systems are very similar.

My apologies I'm very tired today.

Blog Entries
    Jericho, we are still looking for a user to carry the torch with the Traveller ruleset if you are interested.

---

I also finally got around to updating the list of product left to be converted and the released products so far for 2010 YTD. We have over 50 new add-on products delivered so far this year and many more in the works. Many of these add-ons are provided by members of the community.

To be fair, the CT ruleset is OGL, so a commercial MGT ruleset couldn't claim too much code as proprietary if based on it. That said, much of a commercial product's IP lies in the accompanying reference material, which would be completely different (not least because CT has no reference material!).

Stuart

I'd started doing a ruleset for MGT but had to stop due to work pressures. These are now lighter and I could put some time in to this again, though not enough to produce a full ruleset from scratch. Probably two to four hours a week currently. Personally, I'd like to see all ruleset code as OGL, including the commercial ones - with proper acknowledgements.
    Last edited by Valarian; October 5th, 2010 at 22:49.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Quote Originally Posted by StuartW
    To be fair, the CT ruleset is OGL, so a commercial MGT ruleset couldn't claim too much code as proprietary if based on it. That said, much of a commercial product's IP lies in the accompanying reference material, which would be completely different (not least because CT has no reference material!).

Stuart
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarian
    I'd started doing a ruleset for MGT but had to stop due to work pressures. These are now lighter and I could put some time in to this again, though not enough to produce a full ruleset from scratch. Probably two to four hours a week currently. Personally, I'd like to see all ruleset code as OGL, including the commercial ones - with proper acknowledgements.
    So could Mongoose Traveller be a free ruleset and SRD module and then have modules produced for all the books that can be sold?

I wouldn't have a problem with that but I don't know the arrangement with Mongoose. I know I'd find it easier to incorporate what I have, character sheet and personality screens with Foen's work than try and delve in to the combat tracker. It's changed a lot since I last looked at that part of FGII and I know it'll be a struggle. Also, the time I do have available would be best spent on translating the published material in to modules for use with the ruleset. Work is still busy with two major project in my area, and another to start in November (hopefully one of the others will be completed by then).
    Last edited by Valarian; October 6th, 2010 at 19:27.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

I can't code rulesets, but I can do modules. I have a smallish Savage Worlds project to do and I'm also working on The Laundry. After the Savage Worlds project I'd be willing to do some Traveller modules alongside The Laundry.

Thread Information