DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thumbs up

Hex grids in Fantasy Grounds!

This was a very needed feature, so this is great to hear! Now it's time for testing!

Following this line Goblin King is speaking about, one day, FG 2 will have even some kind of sleek token facing feature (not "just" rotation")

EDIT: Hm, ATM there is some noticeable pixelation in the diagonal lines.
    Last edited by demonsbane; September 17th, 2009 at 16:49.
    "We adore chaos because we love to produce order."
    M.C. Escher

"Let's face it: for some people, roleplaying is a serious challenge, a life-or-death struggle."
    J. M. Caparula / Scott Haring

"It emerges that physics is basic but inessential; that is the crucial fact."
    Wolfgang Smith

Seeing some of the new functionalities, I think token rotation vs. token facing (currently non-existent in the app) could be easily switched -from the user's point of view- in the new preferences menu, in the same way one can choose now between squares & hexes.
    M.C. Escher

"Let's face it: for some people, roleplaying is a serious challenge, a life-or-death struggle."

Wolfgang Smith

When setting a hex grid you need to make sure that you are neither zoomed out or in (i.e. the magnifying glass is not visible), otherwise the grid appears either smaller or larger than you expected when you dragged the sizing hex.

When setting the square grid this isn't an issue, the squares are set correctly regardless of the image zoom level. Can the hex grids work the same way or is the maths too arcane?

Spyke
    Free GURPS tools for Fantasy Grounds at www.spyke.me.

It would be nice if there could be an additional Preferences option:

If hex grid, allow snap to center of hexes only.

(i.e. it would prevent the snap to the hex corner points which gets fiddly when the hexes are small.)

Spyke

Demonsbane's spotted an issue. When you have a hex grid the tokens are rotated in 12 steps on the Host side but only in 8 steps on the Client side, so the rotation for the GM gets out of sync with that seen by the player.

In imagewindow_image.lua both onInit() and onGridStateChanged() only set the orientation count if the user is the host. However, if I remove these I get an error message stating that the orientation count can't be set for the client. Is the problem in the FG application code itself?

Spyke
    Last edited by Spyke; September 23rd, 2009 at 22:49.

The Dungeon Theme extension needs an updated icon for Set Hex Grid (icon_gridhex.png).

Spyke

I want to second Spyke's feedback on Fantasy Grounds 2 test version (2.6.0).

Token rotation not matching between GM and players seems the most notorious issue to me (specially because there's no other way for handling facing, currently).

Regards
    M.C. Escher

Wolfgang Smith

There is a new version available.
    • Fixed the client token orientation count synchronization bug
    • Fixed hex grid placement in zoomed mode
    Please see if you can find further problems, otherwise this will go live soon.
    Tero Parvinen
    Fantasy Grounds Guru

Excellent. Thanks for the quick turnaround!

Spyke

I can confirm that those two bugs are fixed.

The version number didn't update, e.g. to 2.6.1, when I updated and there was no new version note. I'm not sure whether you intended it to change or remain as 2.6.0.

Spyke

Thread Information