STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Sneak Peek

..... Im stunned, that's absolutely amazing.... Where can I find that ruleset?

https://www.witheredlands.co.uk/rule...er-0.19.97.zip

Please note the ruleset is non-commercial, but the artwork remains the IP of its originators.

Have fun!

Stuart

Thanks everyone for the answers to my questions.
    -D

My first post. Yay.

One of the reasons i bought FG2 was i wanted to play nWoD with some friends so when i saw the Rules Lite nWoD ruleset i had no more more excuses not to buy FG2. This ruleset is equally good, if not better since i love the drag/drop stats/skills etc to the dicebox etc. Was it going to be commercial and now isnt? Are you still working on it? Could i be abit cheeky and suggest afew ways that i think would make this excellent ruleset even better?

1) While the healthbox's are nice, could each box be made independant? I've found that when using supernatural healing, its abit fiddly to remove /'s while you have *'s or x's. The lite nwod ruleset by PneumaPilot has health boxes like this, and its easier to track healing with it.

2) Could armour be changed to be similar to defense, except have 2 values, one for ballistic, one for other, so we can drag and drop etc from the combatracker/char sheet to the dicebox.

3) Possible to add/readd an Attack button next to the combattracker, that links to a pc/npc's Str,Dex, Brawl, Firearms and Weaponry scores maybe even the damage box at weapons. So you can drag them all from the combat tracker.

4) Ive seen some rulesets with a modifer button similar to the effects button where you can create static mod's. Would be excellent to keep track of vigor, celerity, willpower bonus's and blood buffing and other temp dice adders/subtractors.

5) For some reason i cant get the Gm dice to reveal, even typing /die reveal, also i cant get the combat tracker to be seen by players when i do share sheet.

If i had the xml, lua skill to try changing things myself i would attempt all these myself, however i have none. And while im considering trying to learn how to make/modify rulesets, it'll be awhile before im anywhere near good enough i think.

Thanks again for a nice WoD ruleset.

Hi TG, and welcome to the forums, I hope you find us helpful and friendly!

This ruleset was originally a prototype/demo for a commercial product, but WW weren't interested in an official WoD ruleset, so it is now a community ruleset. I am still working on it, because it is used by our gaming group for a VtR campaign (which is why the Vampire sheet is well developed and most of the others are just placeholders).

Thanks for your comments on the various bits of funcionality, I'll add them to my 'to-do' list but can't promise to implement them quickly because I have a 1,001 other things on the 'to-do' list!

If you want to start learning how rulesets work, you might want to look at the other gameline extensions (Werewolf etc), as they are relatively straightforward compared to doing a whole ruleset. Malakh is working on the Mage sheet (so you have him to thank for that) and is doing a great job.

Stuart

Hey, Im just glad your still working on it means it can only get better. No hurry for my suggestions really, i just realised that you can do things like type /die 2 Blood send it to chat window then drag it to a hotkey, so you can press it 1 time per blood your spending to add to dicepools etc, its so cool.

I'm currently sourcing some xml and lua books and tutorials, i'll get myself familar with them and then try delving into a ruleset by breaking it and try to put it back together again to see how things work. I just got Geist so i might try a geist extension as a first learner project.

Haven't yet searched for similiar "where to start with rulesets" on this forum but i'll do that asap too.

Now all i need is to either shell out for more lite copies for my friends, or get them to get them so i can actually play the new WoD as ive not had a chance to yet.

BTW, there is a revised version of that ruleset (just taking advantage of the description fields added in FG 2.5.0) at

https://www.witheredlands.co.uk/rule...r-0.20.101.zip

I'm trying to post it on the FG Wiki, but am having a bit of difficulty!

Stuart

Now posted on the FG Wiki. Please refer to the Wiki for the latest version.

Very sleek design, Foen.

Also, I'm surprised by the use of a semi transparent character sheet. That feature can be really useful in FG 2 regarding some windows completely obscuring others behind them in an unintentional way. And it's very nice looking.
    "We adore chaos because we love to produce order."
    M.C. Escher

"Let's face it: for some people, roleplaying is a serious challenge, a life-or-death struggle."
    J. M. Caparula / Scott Haring

"It emerges that physics is basic but inessential; that is the crucial fact."
    Wolfgang Smith

Foen, any chance of having only the skin or any other generic skin developped for the base ruleset ? The fantasy ground default skin looks to fantasy-liked to my taste...

Eventually, I'll attack the skin part of my ruleset, but I'm not there yet...

Thread Information