DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread: Sneak Peek

Hi LilCthulhu

Skins aren't as reusable as you might think: generally they have to be tailored to the specific ruleset or they don't fit in all places. Not only that, but bits of this skin aren't freely redistributable (they are the IP of WW and can be used in the context of their fan license but not otherwise).

I have recently published a Traveller/Sci-Fi skin which is freely reusable (on this thread) if that helps. It will suffer from the same ill-fit if not used with the GURPS ruleset though.

Foen

Is the theme for the first image that you posted still out there? I like the feel of that one. ::crossing fingers::

By the way, good work on them. If only I had half that talent...

Hi Foen,

Thanks for the answers, my idea was basically to "try" to do a "extension" to the default FG skin for the base ruleset... keep the same settings/position/size of the graphics but make it less "fantasy"-looking and more "generic"... but you have experience in that area, and I don't so you probably know things about that that I don't

Quote Originally Posted by Foen
    I have recently published a Traveller/Sci-Fi skin which is freely reusable (on this thread) if that helps. It will suffer from the same ill-fit if not used with the GURPS ruleset though.

Foen
    Do you have a screenshot of that skin ?

Here's the "brushed alumnum" from the Classic Traveller extention

An Inkscape attempt at replicating the original image. Gotta figure out how to round out my "banner".

Edit: I think I figured out how to do the Gradients in Inkscape. Not sure I understand them, but I got them to work

I'd still be interested in the Extention, if it's still available. It's slick and clean!
    Last edited by tdewitt274; February 8th, 2010 at 03:31.

The original artwork is part of the forthcoming Basic Roleplaying ruleset, to be published by SmiteWorks, and hence is subject to SmiteWorks copyright.

Please don't replicate it or redistribute it without SmiteWorks' permission.

Stuart

Gotcha, not a problem. Didn't know it was going to be part of a product.

Thread Information