Starfinder Playlist
Page 14 of 16 First ... 41213141516 Last
    But how can that download the images from the GW page?? sorry i didn´t get it...
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Haven
    But how can that download the images from the GW page?? sorry i didn´t get it...
    Well you posted in a DDM(Dungeons and Dragons Miniatures) images as tokens thread, so I assumed you simply mistyped GW instead of WG (warband generator) Games Workshop has never licensed DDM and do not license their images on their site for printing. So I informed you of where you can legally get the DDM images from.

Yeah but i already asked for this kind of help before in here...you just had to look back a few posts
    And i know about that GW problem i just use them in private and to help me paint my minis
    Thanks anyway for your help
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

Blog Entries

VBS/Psyme Virus in the Script file

VBS/Psyme found in the main vbs file.
    Sydney Australia.
    GMT + 10
    DM 3.5

McAfee seemed to think it was a virus for me as well, and kept deleting the file, but I'm not so sure there is an actual virus. I think it may just be fooling the AV programs.

I used it and never had a problem other than the anti virus program kept quarantining it.

I'm no virus expert though.

I think the reason the VBS in the token parser is being spotted as a VBS/Psyme trojan virus is that the code connects to the Wizards website to download the tokens.

The VBS/Psyme trojan virus uses VBS code to connect to websites to download malware.

The anti-virus program you're using is probably just detecting generic website access from a VBS script.

Does anyone know if these still work? I received a private message saying that they were having issues. I've since upgraded my PC and don't have the ImageMagik program to test it. Looks like the file locations are still good (just by checking one of them). If they don't, I'd be OK with uploading them somewhere. Not sure how "legal" it is to put them up on the Wiki.

Regarding the "Virus" postings previously, I'm sure the AntiVirus is flagging the VBScript file just on principle. VBScript is capable of writing to disc and that could be considered malicious. However, the script is safe (malicious intent is not something I personally subscribe to).

The reason for the script is it would be illegal in most places to post and distribute the tokens because the art is copyrighted. However, for personal use it would probably be OK. So legally you should be able to run the script and use the tokens as long as you didn't distribute the tokens to others. So you don't want to put the tokens up on the Wiki because you'll get the wiki owner in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by tdewitt274
    Does anyone know if these still work? I received a private message saying that they were having issues. I've since upgraded my PC and don't have the ImageMagik program to test it. Looks like the file locations are still good (just by checking one of them). If they don't, I'd be OK with uploading them somewhere. Not sure how "legal" it is to put them up on the Wiki.

Regarding the "Virus" postings previously, I'm sure the AntiVirus is flagging the VBScript file just on principle. VBScript is capable of writing to disc and that could be considered malicious. However, the script is safe (malicious intent is not something I personally subscribe to).
    There are two different aspects to the scripts as I remember it. One part is for automatically downloading the images from the websites in question. The second part is for taking a folder of those downloaded images and sizing them and putting a transparent background in the image and putting the new files in their own folder.

When I used them I had problems with the auto downloading, and just did it myself. I was able to easily modify the bat file to process the downloaded files one folder at a time.

I'm guessing it will still work, you probably just have to play around with it. I'm no programmer but I managed to get some nice tokens. Of course you need to download ImageMagic in order for the process to work One problem with the VBS script was McAfee kept quarantining the damn file.

As an alternate, the attached zip file contains an executable built using C# in Visual Studio. It requires .Net 4.0 but it can download the D&D miniature images and also resize and convert to PNG with transparent background without needing ImageMagick.

A directory called JPG is created where the JPGs are stored in the same way as the original scripts so that the original scripts can still be used if desired. Just copy the scripts into that directory.

If creating PNGs, they will be under the PNG folder in a folder named by the pixel size selected for the minis.

I used the names and mini sizes from tdwitt274's script (but I do not shrink the image size for monsters below medium).

Thread Information