5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Its a generic AD&D character sheet, and its been forever since I have played AD&D at all, but do not remember any difference in the character sheets from 1st to 2nd ed AD&D.

But I could be wrong.

D&D = 1st edition, AD&D = 2nd edition.
    So this would be a 2nd edition ruleset. One thing I find still missing (and the reason I am not using this yet) is a lack of library modules, especially the spell information.

Quote Originally Posted by zabulus
    So this would be a 2nd edition ruleset. One thing I find still missing (and the reason I am not using this yet) is a lack of library modules, especially the spell information.
    Well, there where actually two editions of AD&D. The main difference was that the 2nd ed of AD&D had skills. As for library modules, since the AD&D stuff is not available under OGL, you'll have to do create those modules on your own. The best bet is to use the 2nd ed AD&D RTF files that TSR sold in the end of the 90ies and reformat them into XML files.

Quote Originally Posted by zabulus
    Basic D&D preceded AD&D, but "1st edition" was the first incarnation of AD&D, which came out between 1977 and 1979. 2nd edition followed on, adding skills and various other changes (wasn't THAC0 a 2nd edition innovation?). I've just had a look at wikipedia and 2nd edition wasn't released until 1989 apparently.

I never did get my head round the 2nd edition rules, having switched to GURPS by then, but for a lot of us AD&D was the ruleset now referred to as "1st edtion".

Spyke
    Free GURPS tools for Fantasy Grounds at www.spyke.me.

Zabulus..., Spyke is correct.

Advanced Dungeons & Dragons [1st Edition] isn't capatible with Advanced Dungeons & Dragons [2nd Edition].

The ruleset that unerwünscht is offering is Advanced Dungeons & Dragons [2nd Edition].

Too bad, I had my hopes set on 1st Edition.

Well, if you could give me a list of what would need to be changed on the character sheet to make it 1st edition, I would be happy to go through and make those changes, and release them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by unerwünscht
    Well, if you could give me a list of what would need to be changed on the character sheet to make it 1st edition, I would be happy to go through and make those changes, and release them as well.
    That'd be really cool - but eek... that's a rather long list.

If I can find the time I'll try to put something together if no one else does. I'd love to have a 1st Ed AD&D option for FGII.

1st Edition AD&D is on my list of rulesets to develop, probably using a variant of OSRIC, but not in the immediate future.

The advantage of OSRIC is that you can also distribute the reference material, as it is OGL. Labyrinth Lord is the Basic D&D (BECM) equivalent, and that is on the FG Wiki as a free ruleset, with the Beckham extension for added authenticity.

Foen

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir
    That'd be really cool - but eek... that's a rather long list.
    An extremely - unwieldy - long list.

It is nice to see that someone also has fond memories of the old 1st edition Casimir.

By the way, I love your portrait (the good ol' days of Kurt Russell)

Well, how about this, can someone find me a good PDF of the first edition character sheet, and maybe I can work off of that?

Thread Information