5E Character Create Playlist
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Bad Start-Complete Noob Parsing

So I've installed the programs (Adobe Pro, Notepad++ and XML Notepad), and Im exporting the Rivenroar SOW module to XML1 and I immediately get this error "The direct object already has a container"

Any suggestions on where I went wrong from the very beginning?

I don't suppose there is any chance of an XSL to convert the newer Chaos Scar adventures?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by agallauresi
    I don't suppose there is any chance of an XSL to convert the newer Chaos Scar adventures?
    No, but I have something better which I plan to release soon. The new tool will work with ANY WotC adventure material, including Chaos Scar adventures ...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=12553

Quote Originally Posted by Talen
    So I've installed the programs (Adobe Pro, Notepad++ and XML Notepad), and Im exporting the Rivenroar SOW module to XML1 and I immediately get this error "The direct object already has a container"

Any suggestions on where I went wrong from the very beginning?

Hmm, not sure but if you can hang in there for a little while longer, you to will be able to use the new tool without the need to do messy exports and transformations. See above comment.
    Last edited by Zeus; June 24th, 2010 at 18:34.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

I get by with a little help from my friends.....

[QUOTE=DrZeuss][COLOR="DarkRed"]No, but I have something better which I plan to release soon. The new tool will work with ANY WotC adventure material, including Chaos Scar adventures ...

This looks like a great tool, and I have been trying to figure out how to use it. I am not sure if you are supposed to put all items in and hit parse, or just do the story then parse that and then put in your encounters, etc. This might be really intuitive I just am not getting it.... I then assume that you take output files and have the parser combine them into a module.

I also tried to follow your instructions on converting pdf to an xml using the xsl file. I get it all the way to view source and then I have issues. I installed Notepad++ for this task but I am running windows 7 64 bit. I even took the steps to trying to make Notepad++ the default text editor but it gives me a message saying it can't load xml library or something. Is there a) an easier way to get Notepad++ to work as a default editor or b) another way to view the source?

Any help would be great. I would copy and paste the module by hand into your tool but I am not sure on the steps. See above.

BTW, thanks for all the work you have put into making these great tools.

Thread Information